From year to year, their own rules apply that you can’t cook and put on the New Year’s table. 2019 will be held under the auspices of the Pig (Boar), and the preferences of this animal must be taken into account when preparing the New Year's menu. What is better to refuse on the upcoming holiday night? What dishes should be excluded?
Mumps is a fairly unpretentious creature that has a healthy appetite. Therefore, the symbol of 2019 will be very happy if there are a lot of treats on the New Year's table. However, you can not cook large portions of both the first courses and desserts. It is better to add more variety to the holiday menu by making various salads or snacks, but in modest quantities.
Despite the fact that Pig (Wild Boar) loves a variety of food, meat dishes should not dominate the 2019 New Year menu. They also can not be placed in the center of the table. It is better to give preference to vegetable and fruit salads, do not forget about cereals, greens.
In preparation for the celebration of the New Year 2019, you can not fuss. It is not necessary at the last moment to engage in a table. You need to think through everything in advance, starting from refreshments and ending with decor options, and then follow such a plan. It is strictly forbidden to set the table in the confusion, the hostess of the next year will negatively perceive this.
Which dishes should definitely be discarded for the New Year 2019
The most obvious ban is pork. You can not use such meat for cooking treats. Also, do not put on the New Year's table:
- any pork cuts,
- sausages and sausages,
- pork pastes.
Mistresses should take note: when preparing food for the New Year, you can not use pork fat for frying.
On this upcoming holiday, you need the maximum number of treats and treats to be homemade. You can not use convenience foods, to celebrate the New Year 2019 with fast food.
What drinks can not be put on the New Year's table
The symbol of the coming year is very suspicious of alcohol. Of course, it is difficult to completely exclude alcohol during the celebration, but you should try to keep a few on the table.
Do not choose strong alcohol for the New Year's Eve. It is better to limit yourself to light wines, sweet liquors and, of course, champagne.
Non-alcoholic drinks, you can choose any. Pig will especially appreciate homemade options in the form of compotes, fruit drinks, fresh juices and so on.
Features of the New Year feast 2019
Earthen pig is considered the patroness of the crop, which means that the main colors of the New Year's Eve should be all shades of green, yellow and brown, not only in clothes, but also on the table. Pig loves brilliance and luxury, so to attract good luck and favor of this animal, you need a wide range of New Year's dishes. In the Year of the Pig (Boar) 2019, a variety of products on the table, as well as their original design, are welcome.
Homemade pigs are omnivores, however, the main menu is still cereals, vegetables, fruits. Their wild relatives prefer root vegetables, nuts, greens. Your task is to think through the menu in such a way as to please both of them. What must be on the New Year's festive table, and what is better to avoid?
How to decorate a New Year's table
Tips and tricks:
- Consider the location of the table indoors.
- Provide free access to the table to all participants in the feast.
- For the decor of the room and the festive table, use the “necessary” colors. That is, a tablecloth, paper and cloth napkins, hot coasters are all combined with each other and have a yellow, green, brown color.
- To save space, use an additional table on which “non-basic” dishes will be placed.
- All dishes are transferred to beautiful dishes and evenly placed on the surface of the table.
- The center leaves room for a main course and drinks.
Decorate the feast with the following decorative elements:
- Coniferous branches in a vase (spruce or pine).
- Figurine of the symbol of the coming year.
- Arrange around the figures and around the table: acorns, nuts, chestnuts, dried mushrooms.
- Candles in stable coasters.
New Year's decor
The design of the dishes of the festive feast involves their decoration:
- Greenery (twigs, leaves).
- Vegetables (figured slicing, creating figures and objects).
- Fruits (decorating desserts).
- Seafood (large shrimp, seaweed, squid rings).
- Figures from sausages, cheese, boiled eggs.
- Canned peas, corn.
Make sure that the “jewelry” does not come across seeds, husks, skins and other solid inclusions. Everything should be edible.
General menu recommendations
On the New Year's table 2019 in the menu should be provided:
- Meat and vegetarian dishes.
- Dietary options for children and those who have health problems.
What dishes to put on the festive New Year's table? An approximate list of foods should be as follows:
- Main main course (meat / fish / poultry + side dish).
- Salads with and without mayonnaise dressing.
- Snacks (sliced, sandwiches, canapes).
- Dessert (cake, sweets, rolls, etc.).
- Alcoholic / non-alcoholic drinks.
Focus on the family budget and the number of invitees. You should not cook for the future, because the finished dishes are not stored for a long time. Consider the food preferences of family and guests so that everyone can find dishes to their taste at the festive feast.
The only limitation when compiling the menu may be the recommendation of astrologers who do not recommend cooking pork. In addition to the fact that pork is fatty and heavy meat for the body, dishes from it can “offend” the hostess of the holiday.
What dishes should be on the New Year's table in the year 2019?
What to put on a treat to family and friends?
It is important to remember that the mascot of the New Year is a pig, and she, as a rule, loves variety, therefore it is recommended not to use a large volume of one dish, for example, everyone’s favorite basin of Olivier. It is better to prefer a few different options for salads, but not a large amount.
Be sure to have vegetables in different variations on the table. Let it be salads or fresh, originally sliced and stacked mixed vegetables. As an unusual and healthy dish, you can cook kebab of vegetables, champignons.
The choice of meat dishes, this year, should be approached more meticulously and carefully, as the year of the pig is coming. It will be more correct to choose this year for the main dish:
Be sure to diversify the New Year's table 2019 with canapes, sandwiches, and, if possible, caviar. Particular attention should be paid to cheese. Heavy salads with mayonnaise are best done to a minimum. One or two is enough. All the rest should be seasoned with olive or sunflower oil.
General recommendations for the New Year menu 2019
It is believed that a pig is an omnivore. This is actually so. However, she is also picky. So putting everything on the New Year’s table is also not worth it. At the same time, the pig loves order and is not devoid of craving for the beautiful. Hence the conclusion: the table should be varied and beautifully designed.
Almost everything can be served on the table for the new year 2019: meat, fish, poultry, salads, snacks and, of course, desserts. True, there are some restrictions on meat. Oriental astrologers believe that the mistress of the year will not like it if pork is present on the New Year's table. There are opposing opinions, but they are usually poorly reasoned and have nothing to do with the traditions of Southeast Asia.
More specifically, there should be diversity on the table for this new year. So this time it is not necessary to make a whole basin of Olivier and feed it to the whole family until Christmas. It is better to cook a lot of different salads and snacks, but in small quantities.
At the same time, oriental astrologers advise putting both fish and meat dishes on the New Year's table. It’s good if there are immediately dishes, which include a bird. For example, it is perfectly acceptable to make chicken, duck or rabbit as the main dish, and to supplement it with meat salads, a favorite of many herring under a fur coat and snacks in the form of sandwiches with caviar, as well as various cuts. According to Chinese beliefs, such a variety of products will not only please the mistress of the year, but also attract wealth to the house.
A few words about decorating dishes. As mentioned above, a pig loves beauty. So design requires everything that should be on the table for the new year 2019. As for decoration, then everything is simple. The pig loves fresh greens, which means dill, parsley, green onions and others like them will be very in topic.
Another recommendation relates more likely not to the set of dishes, but to their quality. A pig loves everything natural. She is far from loyal to semi-finished products bought in supermarkets. It cannot be said that she does not love them, but they do not bring her much joy either. Therefore, it is desirable that everything - from a simple salad to a New Year's cake - be prepared with your own hands and, of course, with love.
Speaking of cakes. The hostess of 2019 will not understand if there is nothing sweet on the New Year's table in 2019 in honor of the onset of her year. So, at least fruits must be present. Sweet cakes or pastries will not be superfluous. It is very good if the dessert is with berries and fruits. They can decorate a cake or ice cream.
The pig has its own favorite dishes. She loves cereals, preferring millet. So a little millet porridge on the festive table also does not hurt. You can present it in any form, for example, by making such a simple salad:
- millet - 60-70 g (1/4 cup),
- chicken fillet - 150 g,
- hard cheese - 80 g,
- apple - 2 pcs.,
- honey - 2 tablespoons,
- lemon juice - 1 tablespoon,
- sour cream - 100 ml,
- salt, red and black pepper (ground) - to taste.
Boil chicken fillet and millet in different saucepans and cool. Dice the meat. Cut peeled apples into small cubes and fry in vegetable oil for 1 minute, then add honey to the pan and fry for another 2 minutes. Put prepared fruits on a plate and cool too.
Mix sour cream with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. The resulting sauce will need to lubricate each layer of salad. It remains to collect a snack. Chicken fillet is laid out, then a layer of apples, then millet and a layer of grated cheese. The top layer must also be greased with sauce. Top salad should be sprinkled with paprika and garnish with sprigs of dill or parsley. Before serving, millet salad should be allowed to infuse in the refrigerator for an hour.
Such a wonderful appetizer will be a wonderful decoration of the holiday and will obviously end the hostess of the new 2019 year. And most importantly, it is also budgetary, which is important. The pig is a zealous mistress. She will not understand if the holiday will be arranged with the last money. The table for the New Year, of course, needs to be organized, but so that it does not hit too hard in the pocket.
What and how should be located on the table
For the new year 2019, you will have to think a lot. The pig is quite pedantic, therefore loves planning and order. So, firstly, the menu needs to be developed in advance - without this, no variety will work. Secondly, you need to take care and proper serving.
Perhaps it’s worth starting with the New Year’s table. Of course, the most ideal option is a Chinese table with short legs. We have such rarities, but fortunately, a regular New Year round table can be a good alternative. If this was not found, it also does not matter. Any New Year's table can be covered with a new tablecloth. The pig will not be offended. As for the color of the tablecloth, there are no restrictions. Although some astrologers believe that pastel tones with a yellowish tint will be more appropriate. The pig is still yellow.
We should talk about serving separately. As mentioned above, a pig loves when there is a lot of food on the New Year's table and it is diverse. The problem is that not every table can fit a large number of dishes. Yes, and overeating, even on New Year's Eve - is not useful.
Hence a couple of tips:
- Do not cook a large amount of each salad.
- It is not necessary to lay out each salad in a separate salad bowl. You can place several snacks on one large flat plate.
Otherwise, it’s not worth inventing anything extraordinary. Although, there is another nuance. According to some sources, the hostess of 2019 loves voluminous jewelry. Therefore, between the plates you can put various New Year's accessories, for example: fir branches and cones, and put napkins on the plates themselves before the holiday, giving them some interesting shape.
What should be of alcohol on the table for the new year 2019?
Alcohol, of course, is far from useful. But what New Year's day, even without champagne? In addition, no one calls for getting drunk, like ... However, contrary to the proverb, the mistress of the year is hardly doing this. True, she also does not call for completely abandoning alcohol.
So, given the variety of dishes on the table, the new year 2019 must be met with a variety of drinks. Of course, there should be champagne on the table. Whatever the symbol of the year, under the chiming clock you need to drink a glass of this drink. By the way, champagne is served chilled to 7-10 ° C, and poured into tall glasses. This drink is best eaten with fruit or chocolate. Although sandwiches with caviar are also suitable, as well as salads from fresh vegetables or which include a large number of eggs and cheese.
"Continuation of the banquet" may be accompanied by any alcohol. But it is worth remembering that each drink has its own drink. For example: white wine is best served with fish, seafood dishes and white meat. Other types of meat are best served with red wine. Here it is not necessary to cool it before use. Wine fully opens its bouquet just at room temperature.
Strong alcohol is perfect for almost any cold appetizer. But here, too, there are demarcations. It is good to bite vodka and whiskey with salted mushrooms, a herring or home preservation, and cognac - with cheese slices. By the way, the fact that this drink should be jammed with lemon is a myth. This can just ruin the taste of cognac. Good strong drinks are combined with most hot dishes. But salads with mayonnaise dressing will help to mitigate the effects of any strong alcohol ..
And a few words about desserts. They also do not have to drink tea. Liqueurs, nutmeg wines and a variety of cocktails are in perfect harmony with a slice of cake, ice cream and fruit.
But so that the holiday is not overshadowed, it is worth remembering that alcohol should be consumed only by increasing the strength, but not vice versa. And, of course, one must observe the measure. Then the holiday will succeed, and the year of the yellow earth pig will be happy!
Variety of products on New Year's Eve
Of course, this year you can’t do without desserts. Be sure to let pies, pastries, if not cake, be on the table. For adherents of proper nutrition, there is a wide variety of low-calorie desserts based on cottage cheese, as well as berry or milk jelly will not damage any beautiful figure.
You also need to pay attention to nuts, dried fruits. This New Year, one of the main treats, along with meat, will be fruit. This year, on the New Year's table, they should be absolutely obligatory and in abundance.
Most tables can not do without alcohol. Brandy will be very appropriate. Be sure to pay special attention to the quality of the products. Let them be freshest, natural on a festive night.It is necessary to try to use semi-finished products to a minimum.
According to eastern astrologers, such a variety of dishes will surely bring prosperity and prosperity to the house. And, of course, serving and decorating the New Year's table 2019. In this matter, fresh greens will take over:
A pair of fresh spruce twigs in a vase will bring freshness, the smell of celebration and joy to the room.
Original snacks for the New Year's Eve 2019
The expectation of a miracle, or at least a festive and high spirits, is what many feel on New Year's Eve. It doesn’t matter at all how you feel about the mystical side of this holiday, because romantic natures and sober-minded skeptics are waiting for gifts and a delicious feast.
Active housewives for a couple of months begin to come up with a menu, constantly adjusting and changing something in it. How can you surprise guests by enjoying the cooking process and get luck from the owner of the Boar of the Year? So, snacks.
Not everyone uses this dish.
Some are sure that it is a lot of trouble, and it is eaten in a few minutes. But if you cook canapes in the form of stars, boats or "Christmas trees", then they will become a real decoration of the table. Even if only until the guests sat down at the table. The impression will still remain for a long time.
Christmas fish dish
To cook fish, use the following recipe:
- Fish fillet (any) 500 g.
- Onion 1 pc.
- Spices for fish 1 sachet.
- 1 carrot
- Butter 1 tbsp. l
- Greens 1 bunch.
- Parchment paper.
- Cut the fillet and soak for 5 minutes in salty cold water. Remove, drain, salt, sprinkle with spices.
- Grease the parchment, put the fillet, shabby carrots, chopped onions, pour butter. Squeeze lemon juice and crush chopped herbs.
- Parchment wrapped in a bag and knit with a thread.
- Dip in boiling water for 15 minutes.
Serving a fish dish is best with rice or mashed potatoes. Garnish with lemon slices, olives, olives, cherry tomatoes.
Hot side dishes
It has become a good tradition to cook mashed potatoes as a side dish for meat dishes. However, as a side dish may be:
- Rice (and other cereals).
- Baked potato.
The advantage of a side dish of vegetables is that it goes well with any meat dish, is a source of vitamins, has an attractive appearance, which means it must be on the festive menu for the New Year.
In addition to the classic New Year salads with mayonnaise (olivier, herring under a fur coat), prepare a salmon dish seasoned with butter. You will need:
- Boiled (peeled) potatoes 2-3 pcs.
- Boiled carrots 1 pc.
- Onion 1 pc.
- Egg 2 pcs.
- Salmon in oil 1 can.
- Olive oil.
- Salad leaf 2 pcs.
- Peel potatoes, cut into cubes and put (not all) on a plate covered with lettuce leaf.
- Top with chopped onion.
- Grind salmon with oil and lay on top of onions.
- The next layer is diced carrots.
- Boil eggs, peel and cut, lay on top of carrots.
- The last layer is the remains of potatoes.
- Salt, pour lemon juice, olive oil. Let it brew for 3 hours.
Garnish with herbs, olives, pickled mushrooms.
Snacks and Slices
Sausages and cheese are considered traditional snacks. On one plate are laid out patterns or slides of rolls of these products.
For the preparation of rolls, sausages must have a large diameter (“Doctor's” or large pressed ham). Cut the sausage / ham into thin circles, curl up with a bag and secure with a skewer. The filling can be any:
As snacks should also be: sandwiches, tartlets, canapes, home preservation.
Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are selected according to tastes and needs. The traditional New Year alcoholic drink is champagne and weak red / white wine. Further alcohol “program” is individual for everyone.
Necessarily on the New Year's table should be soft drinks for non-drinking guests, children. Various juices, water without gas, carbonated drinks (Pepsi, sprite), compote, etc.
Summing up, we summarize what should be the festive New Year's table in the year of the Pig 2019:
- Beautifully served.
- With original decorated dishes.
- Assumes the presence of dietary / vegetarian foods.
The tips of the article are advisory in nature and only you decide whether to follow them. One thing is certain, know the measure in drinking and food, so that the holiday does not end with a hospital bed, but brings only pleasant emotions.
What to cook for the New Year 2019 - what must be on the menu
The New Year's table in 2019 is undoubtedly the main holiday attribute, and what should be on the table is decided by each hostess on their own, starting from the taste preferences of guests and households. The menu must necessarily include cold snacks and salads, hot dishes of meat, poultry, fish, and also do not forget about different drinks and desserts. Surely every hostess will agree that there should be variety on the table, so do not dwell on the same type of salads with potatoes and mayonnaise.
Make a rich menu with all kinds of canapes, fish, meat, cheese platter, prepare rolls of pita bread and do not forget about vegetables. When creating cold snacks, remember the hot treats, this will be a pleasant transition to the main dishes. The main concern of the hostesses is precisely the hot holiday treat, so it should be cooked before the guests arrive.
What may be liked less than meat, it must be on the table and it must be served in the form of portioned slices. You can bake this component in the oven in a whole piece.
What can please more than the golden, baked in the oven poultry, this dish should definitely be on the table on a festive night. Such meat is served with a side dish and on its own. And the New Year's table in 2019 needs to be decorated with fish dinners, and the most interesting thing is that this product is prepared in different ways, it can be boiled, baked, and such a treat must be on the table.
The main thing is to remember that it is worth adding new hot lunches to the menu. But the food that you have already checked also fits perfectly, just serve it differently, change the shape, filling, side dish, decoration. Now let's talk in more detail about what should be on the table on New Year's Eve. We have selected for you original, unusual, tasty dishes, each recipe with a photo is described step by step, therefore, even if you are a novice hostess, you will definitely cope with the creation of these culinary masterpieces.
New Year's goose with apples and caraway seeds
This dish is very popular in Germany. The meat surprises with aroma, delicate taste and mouth-watering appearance.
- caraway seeds - 3 tsp,
- black pepper peas - 5 amount,
- goose - 3.5 kg
- dark raisins - 50 g,
- dried apricots - 50 g,
- potatoes - 1.5 kg
- garlic - 1 clove,
- dried coriander - ½ tsp,
- sea salt - 1 tsp,
- apples - 13 pcs.,
- prunes - 50 g
- shallots - 200 g,
- dry white wine - 300 ml,
- pears - 5 pcs.
- We take out the mortar, pour salt, spices into it, turn the components into a homogeneous gruel.
- After grating the goose, we wash it, we rub it with the resulting mixture. We do not season the bird inside, there will be fruits.
- We take the dishes, put goose fat in a small amount.
- We clean some of the apples, remove the middle with seeds, chop with medium cubes, mix with dried fruits, fill the carcass with the filling.
- We connect the paws using twine, we send them to bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 200 degrees.
- We get the bird, pour the fat that has melted, cook another half hour.
- Then we shift the goose in a clean form, pour the same wine here, bake in the oven for another 1 hour.
- In the form in which the fat remains, we send the potatoes, cut into large pieces, chopped onions and shallots, garlic, salt, caraway seeds, set to stew for half an hour.
- After 2 hours, we lay apples and pears around the bird, just prick them with a fork, let the dish prepare for another 1 hour.
- We shift the goose with potatoes to a beautiful serving plate, decorate to your liking and serve.
Oven baked turkey
This dish is a wonderful treat for the New Year's table. A turkey made using this recipe is considered a royal dinner. The meat is very juicy, tasty and tender.
- turkey - 4 kg
- salt - 200 g
- brown sugar - 150 g
- allspice - 10 pcs.,
- broth - 4 l
- rosemary, sage - to your liking,
- thyme - 1 tablespoon,
- olive oil - 3 tbsp.,
- butter - 50 g,
- water - 2 tbsp.,
- apple - 1 pc.,
- oranges - 3 pcs.,
- tangerines - 2 pcs.,
- onions - 1 pc.
- Immediately deal with brine. Mix the salt with sugar, dry chopped sage, rosemary and thyme.
- We wash the turkey, put in a wide container.
- We boil the broth with spices and peas for 10 minutes, cool, pour the resulting marinade over the bird, put it in the refrigerator for a day.
- We take out the meat and rinse.
- Cooking the filling. Rinse the apple, cut into quarters, remove the seeds.
- In the same way, we do with onions.
- We divide oranges into slices, insert a rosemary branch into each.
- Spread the turkey on a wire rack, fill it with fruits, vegetables, grease it with olive oil, tie wings and legs using twine to the body.
- We wrap the bird in foil, bake in the oven at 180 degrees with the expectation of 1 kg - 40 minutes.
- 1 hour before readiness, tear the foil, put butter on top of the meat and wait 10 minutes.
- Serve a hot, delicious turkey to the table with citruses and sauce.
Baked chicken with pineapple and cheese in the oven is a very tasty, tender and juicy dish. Pineapples add meat ...
Nut and Fruit Chicken Legs
Using chicken legs you can create a variety of masterpieces that adorn the festive table, make it unique and chic. And now we suggest you take note of the recipe for this fragrant treat that will win the hearts of your guests and household on New Year's Eve.
- chicken drumstick - 3 pcs.,
- apples - 2 pcs.,
- walnuts - 50 g,
- soy sauce - 2 tablespoons,
- ground ginger - 0.5 tsp,
- dry garlic - 0.5 tsp,
- salt - 0.5 tsp,
- sugar - 1 tablespoon,
- lemon - 1 pc.,
- smoked bacon - 120 g.
- First, we take a sharp knife carefully near the joint, cut the tendons, cut the cartilage. Remove the skin, tighten all the flesh down, you should get bags.
- Cooking marinade. Mix lemon juice with ground ginger, dry garlic, sugar, salt and soy sauce. Send shins here, mix, put in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Let's get stuffed. We clean the apples, shred the medium cubes.
- We dry the walnuts, transferring them to a baking sheet and sending them to the oven. Then remove the husk, chop with a rolling pin, mix with apples.
- Cut the bacon into long thin slices.
- We shift the chicken legs on a paper towel, dry, fill with the filling, wrap in strips of bacon, fix with toothpicks.
- We shift the blanks onto a baking sheet, which we cover with parchment, bake for 25 minutes in the oven at 180 degrees.
- We serve a fantastic tasty treat to the table in a hot form.
Christmas appetizer with trout
If you like to experiment, then this recipe is exactly what you need. The appetizer is quite simple, but at the same time very tasty and perfect.
- thin pita bread - 200 g,
- boiled rice - 200 g,
- slightly salted trout fillet - 150 g,
- butter - 50 g,
- pepper mixture - to your liking.
- We put two pita bread on top of each other, grease with butter on top.
- Boil rice, cool, distribute in a thin layer.
- Sprinkle with pepper mixture.
- Cut the fish into pieces, lay it out in the next layer, roll it up.
- We send the workpiece to the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Then cut into portions, sprinkle with chopped fresh dill and serve.
Salmon Hot Appetizer
The dish turns out to be incredibly tasty, mouth-watering and will be able to win the hearts of even the most spoiled gourmets.
- boiled rice - 250 g,
- salmon - 600 g
- champignons - 250 g,
- eggs (yolk) - 2 pcs.,
- onions - 1 pc.,
- breadcrumbs - 60 g,
- vegetable oil - 100 g,
- balsamic vinegar - 3 tablespoons,
- dill greens, parsley, salt, fish spices - to your liking.
- Remove the husks from the onion, chop.
- We heat the pan with vegetable oil, pass the vegetable to a transparent consistency.
- Finely chop the greens, send to the pan with onions, mix, pour balsamic vinegar here, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Separate the proteins from the yolks, transfer to a container. Mix the yolks with breadcrumbs.
- We spread the passivated vegetables here, mix until smooth.
- We take out the form, coat with oil, stack tightly rice.
- We chop the salmon in slices, lay it on top, salt, season with spices, pour over vegetable oil.
- Fill the fish with vegetable sauce, send to bake for 25 minutes at 200 degrees.
- We prepare the champignons, chop into slices, transfer to a pan.
- Pour greens, salt, pepper here.
- We take out the fish, lay out the filling on top, cover with a lid, after 5 minutes we enjoy an elegant festive snack.
Such a tasty and attractive appearance dish like meat in French can be found not only in everyday life, ...
Snack "New Year's Village"
These treats will pleasantly surprise your household and guests. The dish looks appetizing and amazing, will become the most chic decoration of the New Year's table.
For the test:
- water - 1 tbsp.,
- butter - 50 g,
- wheat flour - 150 g,
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs.,
- Immediately prepare the dough: boil the water with the addition of oil and salt. Pour flour here, brew, stir, no lumps should form. Remove the mass from the fire, break the eggs, mix until smooth.
- The resulting dough is poured into a confectionery syringe or bag, we place the blanks on a baking sheet, which we cover with paper.
- Bake in the oven until golden.
- We make balls from the liver paste, and then give the shape of the cubes, sprinkle them with shredded cheese, which we mix with mayonnaise.
- We make windows from carrots.
- Fresh or salted cucumbers chopped into slices, we prick on toothpicks, our village is winter, we cut out Christmas trees.
- We get profiteroles, divide them in half, insert the paste, cover with the second part, attach the Christmas tree. Thus, we make a lot of snacks, put in the refrigerator for 1 hour, and then serve.
Christmas salad with chicken breast
The dish is very light, extraordinary and satisfying. It is preparing quite quickly, and the result exceeds all expectations. Such a treat can be the highlight of the New Year's table.
- fresh cucumber - 3 pcs.,
- chicken eggs - 3 pcs.,
- canned peas - 1 can,
- green onions - 1 bunch,
- boiled-smoked Moscow sausage - 300 g,
- chicken breast - 350 g,
- mayonnaise - to your liking.
- We wash the cucumbers, cut into straws, transfer to a salad bowl.
- We spread peas here, sausage chopped in strips.
- Boil the breast, cool, remove the skin, chop finely.
- In the same way, we do with the eggs.
- Grind the greens.
- We send the remaining prepared components to the total mass, mix with mayonnaise, put on a serving plate, decorate to your taste and serve salad to the table.
Salad "New Year's Beauty"
It's always nice to do New Year's chores. Preparation of gifts, congratulations, order in the house, Christmas tree, but at the same time you still need to set the festive table, and there is so little time. And we suggest you cook a very tasty and quick dish of avocado and salad leaves.
- avocado - 1 pc.,
- green leaf lettuce - 1 bunch,
- petiole celery - 1 pc.,
- yogurt without additives - 200 ml,
- bell pepper - for decoration,
- lemon - 0.5 pcs.,
- salt to your liking.
- Rinse lettuce leaves, dry.
- Cut celery along thin ribbons.
- We take red pepper, rinse, shred mugs or small squares.
- We divide the avocado into slices, only first remove the peel.
- We begin to grow a Christmas tree. Imagine immediately the snow on a plate with yogurt.
- Then we stack the bottom of the spruce with lettuce.
- Put avocado slices on top, lettuce again, and thus, lay out the New Year tree until the food runs out. At intervals we insert celery, we depict a Christmas rain.
- Water our creation with lemon juice.
- We attach toys cut out of pepper and serve the beautiful Christmas tree to the table.
Chicken in pots with potatoes in the oven is a very tasty, hearty dish. It can be offered as guests for a festive ...
Dessert "Sweet Christmas cone"
This masterpiece can be safely cooked with kids. They will be very interested in doing such an exciting job. Be sure to pamper your household and guests with an amazing tasty treat.
- chocolate paste - 4 tbsp.,
- butter - 3 tbsp.,
- powdered sugar - 1 tbsp.,
- peanut butter - 100 g,
- straw with sesame seeds,
- cereal flakes.
- Mix butter with chocolate paste, powdered sugar, peanut butter until elastic.
- We take a stick, we form a mass in it in the form of a cone.
- We attach chocolate flakes from below.
- The stick that remains is cut off.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Thus, we make a lot of cones and immediately serve to the table.
Everyone loves when the days full of festive atmosphere begin. At this time, you always want to create and create something new. And in order for you not to be bored, we suggest you start preparing this exciting and amazing dessert for the New Year.
For the test:
- overripe banana - 1 pc.,
- peanuts - 2 handfuls,
- margarine - 90 g
- lemon juice - 1 tbsp.,
- apricot jam syrup - 2 tsp,
- salt - a pinch
- flour - ¼ Art.
- icing sugar - 8 tbsp.,
- boiling water - 2 tbsp.,
- chocolate drops, pastry topping.
- Knead the banana in a mortar to a puree state.
- To this we add syrup, crushed peanuts with a blender, mix everything.
- Pour in the lemon juice, throw the softened margarine, cut into slices, pour in the flour, salt, knead not very dense dough. We roll it in the form of a ball, then roll it out, cut out cookies using a cookie cutter.
- We cover the baking sheet with foil, grease it with oil, lay out the Christmas trees.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 200 degrees until golden brown.
- Cooking the icing. Mix the icing sugar with boiling water, put on low heat, cook for 7 minutes.
- We cover the pastries with glaze, lay out the drops of chocolate, depicting garlands. We decorate part of the cookies with multi-colored sprinkles.
- Beautiful, bright, delicious New Year's treats are ready!
What can not be put on the table in the New Year 2019
Before you start compiling a festive menu, you should find out what dishes can not be cooked. Since the Pig will host this year, you will have to forget about the pork delicacies. Otherwise, the animal will become evil, and will not patronize you and the household in all future affairs.
Of course, without meat it is impossible to imagine a festive feast. Therefore, you can use chicken, duck or beef - this is a great choice. These foods make extraordinary delicacies.
And for the New Year 2019, you can not put elaborate dishes on the table. This suggests that the treats should be original, but not in huge quantities. If you touch alcohol, you have to be careful here. The symbol of the year does not welcome people who control themselves poorly.
A fabulous and magical night should go quietly with your family. Prefer simple dinners, even dietary treats will be a wonderful choice. Give up excesses. Well, the New Year's table in 2019 will surely captivate your friends and family, since now you know what should be on the table on this gala night.
What hot dishes to prefer to appease the pig
If you are afraid of untested recipes, make only part of the dishes in a new way. We assure you that your guests will like them more than dishes made in the old fashioned way.
|duck pulp -||100 g|
|high-quality prunes -||30 g|
|thick cream -||70 ml|
|black pepper and salt -||taste|
|refined oils -||30 ml|
|green apples -||1 PC.|
|lingonberry sauce -||40 g|
|peppermint -||2 leaves|
|granulated sugar -||5 g|
|Cooking time: 40 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 207 Kcal|
We offer a win-win recipe for a New Year's hot duck meat dish.
- Cut the duck pulp into strips, then fry in oil.
- Pour thick cream into the pan, wait until they evaporate and add spices to taste.
- Add washed chopped prunes to the meat.
- From the green apple, gently cut the pulp under the filling.
- Put the cooked filling in an apple. Put in the oven for 6-8 minutes. Temperature - 180ºC.
- Separately serve lingonberry sauce and mint. To taste, you can add granulated sugar.
Fragrant lamb bones on the bone
In this New Year's recipe, anchovies and fresh parsley will help to shade the bright taste of lamb cutlets.
- 1 kg of natural mutton on the bone,
- 45 ml olive oil,
- 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch of sea salt.
Will be needed for the sauce:
- 1 bunch of parsley,
- 3 anchovies
- ½ chili peppers.
Will be needed for a side dish:
- 17 Plum tomatoes,
- 6 potatoes,
- 3 fennel,
- 2 cloves of garlic,
- 65 ml olive oil,
- 1 bunch of thyme
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 pinch of table salt.
Cooking time: 45 minutes.
The number of calories: 340.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Peeled potatoes, 3 pieces of fennel chopped into slices.
- Peel garlic cloves and cut into slices.
- Put potatoes with fennel on a suitable baking sheet, sprinkle with garlic plates.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place on vegetables. Season the prepared ingredients with salt, black pepper, olive oil, sprinkle with thyme leaves and send to a hot oven (25 min.).
- Season the patties on the bone to taste, grease the olive oil and fry in a hot griddle on each side until cooked.
- To prepare a fragrant sauce: chop the parsley, put the anchovies on it and chop it all together again, then sprinkle with oil.
- Cut the chilli into rings, put in the anchovies with parsley and mix.
- Transfer the finished meatballs to a warmed dish and grease liberally with aromatic sauce.
- Serve in the oven with a vegetable side dish.
Veal with mushrooms in pita bread
Mushrooms with meat are the best combination in cooking. Therefore, we advise you to cook veal with mushrooms for the New Year 2019, wrapping all this goodness in pita bread.
- 0.5 kg of veal,
- 1 each squash and Bulgarian pepper,
- 2 champignons
- 100 ml chicken stock,
- 80 g onion,
- 1 white portion of leek,
- garlic to taste
- 75 ml refined oil,
- thin Armenian pita bread
- greens at your discretion,
- 20 ml of soy sauce,
- 50 g butter,
- 70 g of tomato paste.
The value of one portion: 310 kcal.
For a snack, make a festive salad “Goat in the garden” according to this recipe.
- The white stalk of the leek is chopped with ringlets, a regular onion with quarters. Chop the garlic, chop the mushrooms into slices, sweet pepper, zucchini - cubes.
- Cut the veal into strips. Grind the greens selected to your taste.
- Prepare the sauce: in a bowl combine soy sauce, butter, tomato and freshly ground black pepper.
- Put the onion and garlic in a dry frying pan, after about 3 minutes add oil. Fry for three minutes, then put the mushrooms, leek, bell pepper, zucchini. On high heat, bring the vegetables to half-cooked.
- At the same time, but only in a different skillet, fry the veal in refined oil. Then shift the meat to vegetables, add the sauce, broth, to taste salt, greens. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve on the table, wrapping veal with vegetables and mushrooms in thin layers of Armenian lavash.
Snacks and salads for table decoration for the New Year 2019
What is a New Year's table without snacks and salads? The feast of 2019, of course, can not do without unusual salads, original snacks. You can come up with your own recipes to appease the symbol of the year. For example, buy millet and cook a warm salad with it. And the rest is freedom for culinary creativity.
Warm millet salad
If you follow the recommendations of astrologers, you will have to cook a dish with millet.
- 1 cup millet
- 120 g carrots
- 1 sweet pepper
- 2 stalks of celery,
- 50 g of cottage cheese
- green basil to taste
- a third of lemon for juice,
- to taste seasoning, olive oil.
It will take: 35 minutes.
Each serving: 309 kcal.
- Rinse millet and cook it for 15 minutes in hot water (500 ml).
- Chopped peeled carrots with rings, put in a frying pan, simmer for 7 minutes.
- Chop sweet peppers, celery stalk, send to carrots. Mix gently so that the carrot mugs do not fall apart.
- Add millet to the pan, pour in the lemon juice, season and mix.
- Put in a beautiful salad bowl, sprinkle with grated cheese, basil, sprinkle with olive oil.
Festive appetizer “Pyramids with paste”
An easy-to-cook appetizer can decorate the New Year's table in 2019.
- 150 g chicken liver pate,
- 2 eggs of the category "Selective",
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 pickled cucumber,
- 150 g unsweetened crackers,
- pitted olives are to taste.
It will take: 40-45 minutes
Serving Value: 279 kcal.
- Boil eggs, cool in cold water, remove the shell and chop the egg with rings, tomatoes - in circles. Divide olives into halves.
- Chop the cucumber with a small dice, put in a bowl. Add the paste to the cucumber, mix well.
- Put a layer of chicken paste on each cracker, cover with a second cracker on top, spread with paste, put a circle of tomato and an egg ring on it. Garnish with halves of olives.
New year cod liver balls
Balls from cod liver can become the most original snack on the festive table.
- 1 can of high-quality cod liver,
- 2 potatoes boiled in a peel,
- 3 pickled cucumbers,
- 150 g of onion,
- 2 chicken eggs,
- 50 g of hard cheese
- 35 ml of soy sauce
- 2 handfuls of sesame seeds,
- fresh parsley to taste.
Cooking: 25-30 minutes.
Value: 279 kcal.
- Finely chop the potato, grate the cheese, chop the cucumbers, chop the parsley and onions.
- With the prepared ingredients, mix cod liver, add soy sauce and form balls.
- Lightly fry sesame seeds in a dry skillet. Then roll each ball in fried sesame seeds.
- Put the appetizer on a beautiful dish, decorate with greens.
On the video - another option for making balls from the liver:
"Christmas balls" from potatoes
It is not easy to surprise guests with a potato dish. Everyone was so used to it that they tried it both boiled, and baked, and fried. What about “New Year's balls” of potatoes? From ordinary mashed potatoes it is necessary to form balls, fry in oil, and then roll in colored dusting: finely chopped greens, turmeric, hard cheese.
Delicious Seafood Salad
A delicious salad with different seafood fits perfectly into the New Year's menu. And the combination of products in exact proportions allows you to achieve a harmonious taste.
- 2 squid
- 1 pack (200 g) of crab sticks,
- 45 g mayonnaise
- 2 chicken eggs
- 3 quail eggs
- 10 ml extra virgin olive oil,
- 25 g of red caviar,
- 1 handful of chopped parsley, dill.
Cooking: 35 minutes.
Value: 259 kcal.
- Boil two kinds of eggs. Clean cooled eggs. Quail leave, they will be needed later. Remove the yolk from the eggs. Use only protein in the salad.
- Grind the chilled sticks, place in a salad bowl.
- Fry squid carcasses with a small amount of oil in a grill pan. Then chop them into thin rings. Transfer to sticks.
- Grind protein at random, add to seafood. Put red caviar and season with mayonnaise.
- Decorate the finished salad with halves of quail eggs and herbs.
On the video - a recipe for a festive salad with seafood:
Puff salad for dear guests
The New Year's table is always plentiful, so pay attention to the recipe for a festive salad, but not heavy.
- 300 g of white cabbage,
- 100 g pickled champignons,
- 200 g of chicken pulp,
- 100 g of cheese (hard),
- 100 g mayonnaise sauce.
Cooking: 40 minutes.
Calorie content: 305 kcal.
- Boil chicken meat in a pan until cooked or bake in the oven, wrapping the flesh in foil.
- Chop the cabbage into strips and put on a flat dish.
- Put the sliced champignons into the cabbage. Grease the mushrooms on top with mayonnaise.
- The next layer is from chopped chicken. Pour it lightly with mayonnaise.
- Again a layer of cabbage, mayonnaise. At the end, sprinkle with grated cheese.
What drinks should be on the New Year's table 2019
If you celebrate the holiday by all the rules and want to make friends with the mistress of the year - the Yellow Earth Pig.
Avoiding alcoholic cocktails is recommended. With regard to non-alcoholic subjects, it is better to completely abandon the harmful soda, store fruit and berry juices. It is better to drink vegetable or freshly squeezed fruit juice. A soft drink that is perfect for all guests is a New Year's drink. We present his recipe to your attention.
New Year's fruit drink
- 50 g cranberries
- 100 g of freshly frozen lingonberries,
- 60-65 g honey
- 500 ml of water
- a pair of mint leaves.
Cooking: 15-20 minutes.
Value: 100 kcal.
- In a saucepan, grind cranberries with cranberries and honey.
- Pour 500 ml of hot water, cook for two minutes, but do not bring to a boil.
- Put peppermint leaves in a drink.
A delicious holiday for you - 3 simple New Year's video recipes
I hope the recipes will be pleasant and you will take them for yourself on the New Year's table of 2019 or recommend to relatives and friends.
This year, the New Year's table 2019 should be "opened" by a variety of cold snacks. The wild boar (Pig) is completely omnivorous, so you should not limit yourself to them, the recipes are the most varied. Another thing is to bring some original ideas to some dishes. This will surprise and intrigue your guests, and the festive mood will become even more fun.
Snowmen from cottage cheese
I want originality - prepare the curd snowmen. Firstly, it is a very beautiful festive dessert, and secondly, it is also very useful.
Required for 2 persons:
- 1 pack of cottage cheese (250 g),
- 10 ml of 10% sour cream or cream,
- 6 nuts (any)
- 20 g of raisins, prunes, dried apricots,
- some almond petals,
- 20 g of powdered sugar,
- 2 pinches of vanillin,
- whipped cream (can be replaced with cotton candy).
It will take: 25 minutes.
Calorie content: 239 kcal.
- To make dried fruits softer, they must be poured with hot water.
- In a cottage cheese put 2 pinches of vanillin, icing sugar, then grind everything thoroughly. Adding 10% sour cream, you should get a mass of consistency, not liquid, but not friable.
- From the curd mass to form balls of different sizes. You will need large, medium and small balls. Put a nut in each. Blind snowmen, and so that they do not fall apart, you need to carefully glue the balls with almond petals.
- Grind some dried fruits for decoration. For peephole use raisins, prunes, and for the nose take dried apricots. To make a hat for curd snowmen from halves of dried apricots (prunes).
- Snowmen put on raisins that mimic the legs. Spread thick cream around them (cotton candy).
Tip: to give a new taste, you can dip the “head” of the snowman in coconut or cocoa chips.
Dessert "Snowstorm in a Glass"
Prepare an airy and tender dessert that will surely delight all guests with its delicate taste.
Required for 6 people:
- 3 chicken eggs
- 110 g granulated sugar
- 55 g flour
- 600 ml of fresh milk
- 50-55 g of peasant oil,
- 30 g cocoa (or dark chocolate),
- 12 pieces of biscuit cookies for tiramisu,
It will take: 40 minutes.
Calorie content: 211 kcal.
- To prepare the custard, gently separate the egg white from the yolk. Beat 3 egg yolks with sugar, add wheat flour, milk (100 ml). Stir until smooth. Then pour the rest of the milk, mix, send to the fire and, constantly stirring, bring the mixture to a boil. When it boils, remove from heat and place in another pan so that the mass cools faster. Then add butter to the cream, whipped until fluffy.
- Cut the cookies in half and dip each part in milk. To prevent cookies from getting too soft, do this quickly. For a change, cognac can be used instead of milk. At the bottom of a transparent bowl put half the cookies (2 pieces) and cover with cream. Repeat all layers until the cookie halves are over. Sprinkle cocoa on top of the dessert. Clean for 2 hours in the freezer.
Tip: as a decoration, you can use any berries or coconut shavings.
Cookies "New Year's Confetti"
Pig has no complaints about desserts with nuts and dried fruits. Therefore, we recommend making Confetti cookies with a variety of fillings.
- 150 g of quality dried fruits (you can take candied fruits),
- 100 g of almonds and any nuts to taste,
- 50 g of wheat flour
- 45 g of Traditional oil,
- ½ cup sugar
- 35 g of honey
- 55 ml cream
- 1 bar of chocolate white or black.
It will take: 25 minutes.
Serving: 232 kcal.
- Cut dried fruit into small cubes. Then combine them with wheat flour and any nuts. Chop the last slightly.
- Mix sugar with honey, butter, cream and send to the stove. While stirring, bring the mixture to a boil. As soon as the mass begins to boil, remove from the stove and put in it a mixture of crushed nuts and dried fruits.
- Cover the baking sheet with cooking paper, place the cooked mass on it and form cookies, giving it the desired shape. Leave a small distance between the "confetti" (about 2 cm).
- Send cookies to the oven for 8 minutes, bake until golden brown.
- Sprinkle hot chocolate with grated chocolate.
- You can do something else - melt a bar of chocolate, then dip the cookies in it with one side. Everything, Christmas cookies are ready.
- Cool and serve.
Themed accessories, serving features
The hit of the season coming 2019 is holiday candles decorated with natural materials, such as cinnamon sticks. To decorate the candle with cinnamon, you need to lay out the sticks around it and tie it with a decorative rope.
The remaining balls can be arbitrarily laid out near New Year's candles. Do not ignore fabric napkins, they will look spectacular on the festive table, wrapped in a special ring or ribbons. It is better to fold the napkin in half, tie one corner with a thin rope, and attach a tag with the name of the guest to it. Such a registered card will be appropriate if there are many invited.
Good luck will definitely smile in 2019 if the festive feast is served with elements of brown, yellow and beige colors. To pick up candles in tone of a tablecloth (napkins). Be sure to put them in the candlesticks. To decorate glasses for drinks with a rope which then to use for a suspension of small Christmas toys. All these accessories will be enjoyed by the friendly Pig.
On the video - a very good recipe for a bump cake:
According to the eastern calendar, the year of the Pig will come in 2019. Of course, we do not take seriously that a plentiful feast promises us the favor of the mascot of the year. But the rituals help the housewives relax - there is a set of certain foods that the Earth Pig prefers, so you don’t have to spend a lot of time searching for recipes.
What can not be cooked for the New Year
Wings (e.g. chicken or turkey)
Fortunately, few people think of preparing chicken wings for the New Year's table. So the chances of encountering this dish are negligible among your guests.
But nevertheless, please note that it is better to refuse it at least on New Year's Eve.
The explanation here is simple: it is believed that with the chicken wings luck may fly away in the New Year.
Say a solid "No" to the chicken at the festive table.
Roasted, boiled or steamed chicken is an excellent choice throughout the year. But on New Year's Eve it is best to refuse this dish.
There is a belief that a chicken at the New Year's table carries all the problems that have accumulated in your past year. Therefore, chicken on New Year's Eve is best to refuse.
New Year's Eve should not eat white food.
The thing is that, according to the Chinese tradition, white is an unfortunate color, it symbolizes death, therefore, any white food is not intended for the holidays.
Tofu, eggs, white cheeses - say goodbye to them for at least one night. It is best to refuse eggs with a white shell, but eggs with a brown shell can safely be on the festive table.
Lobsters and Lobsters
If you just love lobsters and lobsters, it’s best to give them up on New Year’s.
And even if it seems to you that the time has come to treat yourself to such a menu, give up this idea. It is believed that lobsters and lobsters in the New Year’s menu portend failure in the coming year.
Foods such as lobster and chicken are considered unfortunate because these two living things have the physical ability to move backward when they move. This leads to potential setbacks. Any winged animal can fly away, causing quarrels and abuse in the coming year.
It is best to refuse parsley on the festive table. Of course, many of us use it daily. But on New Year's Eve, forget about it.
In addition, today it is fashionable to give different unusual bouquets. But be sure to pay attention that parsley is not present in the compiled bouquet.
It is believed that parsley can bring bad luck. Therefore, leave the parsley "for later" for cooking borsch or salads.
Many cut bananas for the festive New Year table. Should not be doing that.
As it turns out, bananas are simply riddled with negative emotions. Not only does slicing them fail, but the fruit itself is not the best idea for a holiday.
By the way, in some countries, bringing on board peanut butter or banana sandwiches is considered a bad omen for the crew: there is a risk that the catch will be bad or the fishermen may even get lost at sea.
Of course, few people would think of putting boiled eggs on the table. But if you suddenly wanted this, take care to clean the eggshell.
In addition, the shell must be crushed and thrown into the bin. According to British tradition, if you do not, the witch will collect discarded eggshells and build a boat out of them. As soon as she does this, she will sail a boat around you, causing failure and storms.
To avoid unpleasant situations in the New Year, also pay attention to the following superstitions related to eating at the festive table:
Whatever you eat, don't finish the meal to the end
This superstition is more likely a consequence.
It is believed that if you leave food on a plate at the end of New Year's Eve, the coming year will be successful and abundant.
Does this mean that if you eat everything to the last crumbs, that the year will be unhappy, it is not known exactly. However, it’s best to leave some food on the plate to increase your chances of success and prosperity.
Always stir the dough for Christmas cake
There are several reasons for helping out in the kitchen during this holiday season. It is believed that each member of the family should take turns stirring the dough for the Christmas cake in order to avoid failure and attract happiness and good fortune.
Add milk to tea last
Attention tea lovers! It is believed that if you first add milk to tea, and then sugar, then you can remain an old maid (bachelor) for life.
Therefore, if you do not want to be alone, add milk to tea only after sugar has already been added to it.
Do not sniff basil on New Year's Eve
Smelling basil on New Year's Eve is considered not good. Obviously, Italians are not aware of such a ban. After all, basil is one of the favorite herbs of the inhabitants of the Apennines.
Give up peanuts
Leave peanuts for snacks, but not on New Year's Eve. According to some, crunching peanuts on the night before the New Year is not good.
Do not cut the noodles with a fork or knife
If there is a noodle dish on your New Year's table, do not attach knives to it. The Chinese legend says that long noodles symbolize a long life, so keep the knives away. By slicing noodles, you automatically shorten your life.
Do not call friends to help you with a hot pepper dish
Double check the recipe before asking a friend for help in the kitchen. If you are talking about a dish that includes hot peppers, cook it yourself.
It is believed that co-cooking in which this ingredient is present can create problems in your friendship.
Beware of voids in bread
There is a belief that the hole in the sliced bread symbolizes the coffin and portends someone's inevitable death. It is considered not good to detect such cavities in a bread product.
Therefore, do not place sliced bread on the table in which such voids are present.
What you need to cook for the New Year
People around the world believe that eating certain foods on December 31 or January 1 can add luck in the coming year and bring happiness and wealth to your home. Here are a few foods and dishes that are, to one degree or another, considered “happy,” which means they should be present at the New Year's table as a festive treat.
Cabbage and leaf lettuce
Green leaves (lettuce, cabbage) symbolize money and prosperity in the New Year in a number of southern countries. More green means more wealth.
Green leaves symbolize dollar bills, which means that the more greens on the table, the thicker your wallet will be in the New Year.
Black-eyed Peas (Beans)
Peas and beans in their shape resemble coins. Therefore, the presence of these dishes on the festive table is required.
It is believed that serving this dish, you attract good luck and prosperity in the New Year.
Other types of legumes are also considered happy foods, so they are often used in combination with pork for more luck and attraction of success.
In the south of the USA, the so-called black-eyed peas and green cabbage are the main products for the New Year's menu. This has been the case since the time of the civil war between the North and the South.
Add corn bread, which symbolizes gold, to a dish from legumes, and you will get a dish that will bring you happiness and wealth.
In many countries, fish is also considered a “happy” product. Therefore, on the festive table, fish is an essential element.
In addition, for religious reasons, many oppose red meat. In particular, for this reason, many people around the world prefer to eat fish rather than meat. By the way, fish scales are also considered to attract happiness and luck, symbolizing coins and wealth.
In Spain and Mexico, people eat grapes, one for every stroke of the clock at midnight. The taste of grapes symbolizes the coming year and month. For example, if one of the grape varieties is sour, it is believed that the corresponding month will also be unsuccessful.
Be sure to add grapes to the New Year's menu, as well as cheese platter.
Cereals on the table - for good luck and prosperity in the New Year. Noodles (especially long) mean a long and happy life. Therefore, make sure that noodles or other pasta appear on your festive table.
Many believe that pork meat will bring wealth and abundance (due to its high fat content) on New Year's Eve. Therefore, if there is a pork dish on the table, in the New Year you will definitely find wealth and prosperity.
Attention! This rule does not apply to the celebration of the Year of the Pig. The upcoming 2019 is just that! In this case, pork dishes on the festive table are canceled.
Ring-shaped cake (or other circle-shaped products)
Dishes in the shape of a ring symbolize the full circle and cyclical nature of your life. In many cultures, coins are thrown into pie dough. Anyone who discovers them in their piece will be lucky in the New Year.
Beans, like greens, in appearance resemble money, more precisely, they symbolize coins. Traditionally, in some cultures, beans are combined with rice and bacon. So it turns out a New Year's dish called Prancing John.
For example, Italians traditionally eat lentils for New Year's dinner. In the distant past, the Romans poured beans into a leather bag in the hope that they would turn into gold coins. Try to cook this dish with potatoes.
In Japan, Toshikoshi Soba is a New Year's dish that brings good luck.
It is believed that the length of soba in the soup symbolizes a long life, and the buckwheat flour from which this noodle is made provides stability and longevity.
On New Year's Eve, when the clock strikes midnight, the Greeks throw grenades toward the front door. It is believed that the more grains that fall from the pomegranate, the more luck and prosperity this family expects in the coming year.
Pomegranate on the table is also to the great happiness and success in the New Year. Cranberry or pomegranate drinks are also recommended.
In China, the day before the New Year, families gather to make jiaozi. This dish is very similar to our dumplings and symbolizes the shape of gold bars - the currency used in ancient China - so eating them on New Year's Eve will bring financial stability and good luck.
Try to cook dumplings or dumplings for the New Year's table. And you will be lucky in the coming year.
Tangerines and oranges
Tangerines are one of the main symbols of the New Year. However, please note that this is primarily about fresh tangerines, not canned foods.
It is said that the fruit itself brings prosperity, and the presence on the table of one mandarin with a stem and leaves will bring long life and fertility.
According to German and Eastern European traditions, sauerkraut on the New Year's table promises wealth and prosperity in the coming year.
The more you eat this dish, the thicker your wallet will be.
What you can not cook for the New Year 2019
The upcoming 2019 is the year of the yellow Pig. Therefore, remember the most important rule of the upcoming feast: in no case should there be pork dishes on the table.
It is recommended to abandon this type of meat in the period from December 30, 2018 to January 2 of the coming 2019.
Of course, we are talking about the rejection of various sausages, ham, bacon, pastes and other products from pork meat. It is strongly recommended that you refrain from all foods that contain at least some pork meat.
However, worrying that you will remain hungry is not worth it: pork can be replaced with other, more healthy meat. It is recommended to diversify the festive menu with poultry dishes (duck, turkey, goose). Do not forget about beef, lamb, and, of course, fish. The latter can be consumed in unlimited quantities.
What can I cook for the New Year 2019
To "appease" the Yellow Pig is possible and even necessary.
So, what should be on the holiday table without fail? Firstly, these are nuts, fruits, vegetables (in various designs)
Do not forget about sweets. It is important. Yellow Pig - a lover to enjoy delicious sweets.
The following dishes and products may also be present on the festive menu:
- beef (veal), lamb,
- any fish and caviar (red or black),
- any game (boar exception),
- vegetable and meat salads (with the exception of salads in which pork meat or sausage is present),
-green (dill, celery, everything except parsley),
- fresh, pickled, salted, pickled vegetables,
- a variety of flour and baked products,
-alcoholic beverages (in moderation), juices and water.
By the way, try to decorate the house with acorns. It can be garlands or even Christmas tree decorations in the shape of acorns. The pig will appreciate it.
And finally, a couple more tips: it is not recommended to do house cleaning on December 31 and January 1. Also these days it is not necessary to take out garbage from the house. So you protect yourself and your family members from financial problems.