Black dots in the T-zone, facial wrinkles spoil the life of many women. In the fight against these shortcomings, expensive means are used. Women buy cosmetics that promise a wonderful and instant effect, visit expensive salons. Meanwhile, in every home medicine cabinet there is an adsorbent - activated carbon.
Based on it, you can prepare a highly effective mask with the addition of gelatin powder. A simple homemade mask based on activated carbon and edible gelatin will really work wonders for the skin, your face will become clean, smooth after the first use of the product.
Activated carbon is a unique natural substance that neutralizes all harmful in our body, removes toxins, toxins. Caring tablets based on charcoal tablets act comprehensively on the skin and work in different directions, namely:
- help heal burns and inflammations on the skin,
- remedies for the fight against acne, acne,
- have a drying effect for oily skin,
- how a natural adsorbent helps reduce the number and depth of wrinkles,
- restore freshness and radiance to the skin.
A face mask with activated carbon and gelatin will heal the skin, rejuvenate and restore the radiance of youth at any age. But if you combine the external use of coal and taking tablets inside the body, the effect will be double. Activated carbon, like a broom, will cleanse the intestines and will help to improve the digestive tract. This will best affect the appearance of the skin. Clean from slags, toxins, well-functioning intestines - healthy and beautiful skin.
Activated carbon transfers the beneficial properties of wood to cosmetic mask formulations. The substance consists of hydrocarbon, oxygen, hydrogen. Chemicals familiar from childhood are capable of a real revolution at the cellular level. Powder-based masks trigger metabolic processes in the skin layers and release it from toxins.
The beneficial effects of gelatin on the skin
At 80% of the composition, gelatin powder is a protein whose main component is collagen. Protein is present in all tissues of the human body, and is very important for the skin. After applying home remedies, which contain gelatin powder, the skin comes to life right in front of the eyes - the relief is leveled, fine nets of wrinkles disappear, and radiance and freshness appear. Especially useful masks with gelatin in adulthood, as this substance slows down the aging process of the skin. The product gently exfoliates dead cells from the surface of the epidermis and traps water inside the skin. In addition to masks, to rejuvenate the skin, they prepare gelatin cream against wrinkles at home.
Using gelatin, they take care of the skin not only from the outside, but also from the inside. It is useful to drink jelly, eat jelly, that is, use collagen in foods. Gelatin (collagen) is useful not only for the skin, but also for cartilage, and is also a source of energy, stimulates mental activity.
The miraculous power of the mask
To properly prepare a mask based on activated powder and gelatin, some nuances should be taken into account. Compliance with simple rules will help to achieve greater effect from the procedure. Cleaning the face with a carbon mask will not take much time and energy, and the result will certainly please. If you add vitamins to the composition, then a facial mask made of gelatin will help to remove wrinkles. Some details of mask preparation should be taken into account.
- First of all, deciding to improve the appearance of the skin with the help of this tool, you should know that coal must be fresh. No need to use pills or powder, which was deposited with my grandmother in a medicine cabinet. There are penny pills, so buying a fresh product is not difficult. It’s hard even to crush old tablets, and there will be no benefit from them.
- Charcoal tablets crumble well when using a special grinding mortar. The powder is thin, without large crumbs.
- Allergic reactions to activated carbon are not excluded, but they are rare. Check the composition by applying a small amount to the wrist. The skin in this place is very thin and sensitive, and therefore the reaction to it appears immediately. Only after the test do they apply the prepared composition to the face.
Rules for using masks
Steam the face over a decoction of chamomile (with normal skin) or over a decoction of calendula (with oily) for 5-7 minutes. If the skin is too oily and it has a lot of clogged pores, then make a steam bath for at least 10 minutes. Steam maximally opens pores and mask, penetrating deep into the epidermis, cleans them well.
Apply the composition on the skin very thickly with a cosmetic brush. You can apply the product with your fingers. Gently apply several layers of mass along the massage lines of the face. Some cosmetologists advise a thick layer to apply the product only to the problem area. You can try for mixed skin to apply the product only on the T-zone, which most often suffers from black spots and rashes, and with oily and acne all over the face.
The duration of the mask should not exceed 10 minutes. It is not recommended to keep this composition on the skin longer. The fact is that coal powder is eaten into the skin and instead of a pink face after the procedure, you can get an earthy-colored face. It is difficult to get rid of a dark skin tone if you overexpose the mask.
In order to heal the skin and get rid of black spots and acne, it is necessary to take a course of 7 procedures for 6 weeks. After this course, you should definitely take a break for about four weeks. If the purpose of using this procedure is to improve the condition of the skin, then it is enough to apply the mask once a week.
The product is removed from the face with warm water, carefully dried skin with a soft towel and apply a nourishing cream. Going outside for an hour is not recommended.
For skin cleansing
To prepare the mixture you need the ingredients:
- a teaspoon (with a slide) of gelatin powder,
- a teaspoon of powdered coal,
- a tablespoon of fresh milk (can be replaced with water).
Grind the tablets in a mortar to powder, pour in the gelatin, pour the product with milk (water) and mix thoroughly. Place the container with the cooked mass in the microwave for 15 seconds. You can warm up the product in a steam bath. The mask must be warm before applying to the face. After the microwave, you should get a warm, uniform composition.
The mixture is applied to dry, well-cleansed face skin and left for 10 minutes. Particular attention when using the composition should be given to the T-zone, which has the most pollution and inflammation. Apply the mask quickly, otherwise it will freeze.
Charcoal tablets and black clay: deep cleansing
- a teaspoon of coal powder
- a tablespoon of warm water
- a teaspoon of black cosmetic clay,
- one teaspoon of gelatin.
A couple of tablets of activated carbon powder are crushed into fine powder, and then mixed with a teaspoon of black clay. Pour the mixture with a tablespoon of warm water, add gelatin and mix well. Leave the mask on for 15 minutes and then warm it up on a steam bath and apply it warm on the face, gently massaging the skin.
Useful properties of the ingredient
Activated carbon is known to all of us for its cleansing properties. Thanks to its powerful absorbent effect, it removes harmful substances and toxins from the body, due to which it has become widely used in various poisonings. In addition, coal is based solely on natural components, and the medication itself undergoes strict quality control during the production process.
The chemical composition of coal acts like a vacuum cleaner, cleaning the pores of the skin from the accumulation of dust, dirt and greasy secretions.
Another component of a home mask is gelatin. It contains hydrolyzed collagen, which contributes to the effective smoothing of facial wrinkles.
Use of face masks
Regular use of a home mask with charcoal and gelatin ensures:
- deep cleansing of the skin,
- normalization of the production of sebaceous glands,
- elimination of inflammation, sebaceous plugs and black spots,
- epithelial relief alignment,
- toning and tightening of the skin.
The action of each component included in the basis of the mask is aimed at deep cleansing of the epidermis, as a result of which the skin acquires a more even shade and looks much fresher. A number of additional components can be included in the basis of homemade recipes that will provide care not only for oily, but also for dry sensitive type of skin. It is recommended to add nutritious oils, dairy products, fresh herbal decoctions, which will only improve the effect of the finished mask.
Shredded activated carbon can be used as an effective scrubbing agent, however, absorbing particles alone can injure sensitive areas of the epithelium.
In combination with a gelatin base, coal cleans the pores no less efficiently, while the softer texture of the finished mask prevents unwanted damage to the upper layers of the dermis.
Indications for use
- clogging of pores
- black spots, acne, comedones,
- the presence of pronounced age-related changes,
- dull complexion
- increased secretion of skin glands.
Homemade mask with activated carbon and gelatin is not intended for the treatment of severe forms of acne, since the components included in the basis of the recipe do not have antimicrobial and antiseptic effects.
The following ingredients are required for home skin tightening mask preparations:
- a teaspoon of powdered coal tablets
- a teaspoon of fresh aloe juice,
- a teaspoon of shallow sea salt,
- a teaspoon of gelatin powder
- 4 drops of tea tree oil.
Coal tablets are pounded in a mortar, and then combined with the rest of the mask. To get a thick mass, add a little warm water. You can add warm milk to the composition of the product. This mixture is an action for the face like a mask-lifting, but also proved to be good for healing heavily inflamed skin.
Activated carbon mask principle
To understand the principle of action of a coal mask, it is necessary to analyze the structure of the skin in more detail. Our skin resembles a sponge, which is covered with a huge number of pores. Using these microscopic holes, sweat and sebaceous secretions, which are necessary to protect the epidermis from the negative effects of the environment, are eliminated.
In case of any disturbances in the body that impede the normal functioning of the sebaceous glands, excessive secretion occurs, which leads to the subsequent occurrence of comedones. The structure of the sebum changes, becomes thicker, and ultimately the sebum accumulates inside the pore. As a rule, competent and timely skin cleansing through specialized products copes with this problem. But the carbon mask is much more effective than all other means:
- The absorbent properties of activated carbon make it possible to clean the pores of accumulated dirt as deep as possible.
- The drug is made on the basis of natural components, which means it is absolutely harmless to the skin.
- Thanks to gelatin, the mask when solidified on the face turns into a film, which at the time of removal removes black dots much more efficiently.
With the help of activated carbon, the pores on the face are narrowed effectively. To prepare the product, the following ingredients are required:
- a teaspoon of coal powder
- 3 tablets of aspirin,
- a tablespoon of gelatin powder.
Pour gelatin with warm water and leave to swell for about 15 minutes. Separately pushed aspirin and charcoal tablets. The resulting powder is mixed with warm water, the mass should be thick. Then combine gelatin and a mixture of tablets, mix well and put the product on a steam bath, wait for at least 10 wrinkles. Cooked warm mass is applied to the face. This tool perfectly dries the skin and tightens pores.
After the first procedure, a significant decrease in black spots is noted, small inflammatory elements are eliminated, and small wrinkles are smoothed out. For cooking, you will need several tablets of activated carbon, a tablespoon of warm milk and a teaspoon of gelatin. To begin with, the tablets are pounded in a mortar to a powder state, then they are combined with gelatin and the components are diluted with warm milk. You can find out about wrinkle gel masks in the article.
The resulting mixture was heated in the microwave until the gelatin was completely dissolved. It is necessary to wait a few minutes until the finished mass cools slightly, after which it is applied to the face, avoiding the area around the eyes and lips. As soon as the mask hardens, the film is removed with gentle movements from top to bottom.
Gelatin, charcoal, honey
Preparation is similar to the previous recipe with only one nuance: half a teaspoon of liquid honey is added to the prepared mixture of coal, gelatin and milk. If the finished consistency is too thick, it is recommended to add some more milk. Honey in this case acts as a softening component, so this charcoal mask is suitable for owners of dry sensitive dermis.
Gelatin, clay, coal
Each type of clay added to the recipe has a different effect on the skin. Kaolin or white clay will deeply cleanse the pores, green will restore the normal functioning of the sebaceous glands, and blue will help get rid of red spots after acne. However, owners of problem skin should give preference to black clay, which several times enhances the effect of activated carbon. It is enough to introduce clay powder into the finished gelatin-coal mixture, after which the mask is applied to the skin of the face.
Gelatin, eggs, coal
A tool designed for high-quality removal of dead cells can be prepared with the addition of egg yolk. The properties of the yolk have been known since ancient times, therefore this component continues to be used by girls for cosmetic skin care even today. A rich amount of vitamin E nourishes the cells, normalizes the water balance of dry skin and heals small wounds. After adding the yolk, the finished mass can turn out to be quite liquid. The introduction of a small amount of cosmetic clay will help make the mass more dense. You can find out about other yolk masks here.
With aloe juice
Aloe leaf juice is a storehouse of useful vitamins and minerals for the problem type of skin. Aloe-based products not only nourish and regenerate, but also rid the skin of wrinkles, age spots and other age-related changes. A teaspoon of freshly squeezed aloe juice is added to the gelatinous base with coal diluted with milk. Once again, thoroughly mix the components, and apply the mixture to cleansed face skin. Find out which aloe vera gel for your face can be found here.
From black dots with PVA glue
Instead of gelatin, you can use ordinary PVA glue, which will create a similar effect of turning the mask into a film. Powdered activated carbon tablets are combined with a tablespoon of glue.The mask is applied in a thin layer, gently driving the mixture with patting movements. As soon as the product hardens, the resulting film is removed from the surface of the face. For other black dot masks, click here.
There is practically no taboo on the use of masks based on gelatin and coal powder for the face.
- Do not use this remedy for women with a very dry type of epidermis, coal and gelatin have a drying effect.
- If there are wounds or scratches on the skin, then the application of masks should be postponed until the damage heals.
Video: how to make a mask with gelatin and charcoal.
The subtleties of cooking
The action of the mask will be much more effective if you follow certain cooking rules:
- Do not add activated charcoal to the mixture in the old medicine cabinet. All mask components must be of high quality and fresh.
- A new kind of white activated carbon will not be able to provide that deep effect of cleansing pores from accumulated dirt. Give preference to the classic black version of the drug.
- If clay is used in the recipe, do not forget to thoroughly mix the finished mass so that there are no lumps in it.
Rules for applying masks
For convenience and a more uniform application of the product, it is recommended to use a special cosmetic brush. It is unlikely that you can apply the mask with a thin layer with your hands, so prepare a wide brush or a regular spatula in advance. Read about other face mask films in this material.
- Those who are not familiar with the effect of the coal mask, it is recommended to apply the composition exclusively on the T-zone, without affecting the rest of the face.
- Do not limit yourself to just one layer of mask. Repeat the application several more times so that the cured film is peeled off with a whole layer.
- Act immediately, as the applied composition dries quickly enough.
Coal has always been used to treat hangovers, poisoning and other diseases of internal organs. It is made by burning some trees (poplar, oak, birch). Because of this composition, the tablets are saturated with carbohydrate, hydrogen and oxygen. Coal is a product that is used with pleasure in cosmetology. With the help of constituent components, it normalizes metabolic processes in the skin, cleanses the entire face well.
Coal is used for facial cleansing, water filtration, as well as for the treatment of diseases of internal organs.
The effectiveness of a mask with gelatin and charcoal to cleanse the pores of the face
A properly prepared mask of gelatin from black dots effectively cleanses and tightens pores, has an easy lifting effect. Helps to remove comedones and dry oily skin. After its application, an unpleasant shine disappears, small wrinkles are smoothed out, the skin tone is leveled. But the mask can’t permanently get rid of acne, improve complexion or hide age-related changes.
Despite the fact that coal and gelatin help fight black dots, their use is a difficult “test” for the skin. Therefore, this tool should be used no more than once a week.
After 4-5 procedures, you should take a break for 30 days.
Only after the epidermis is restored, can cleaning procedures be resumed.
How does a gelatin-based activated carbon mask work?
On the skin of a person there are a large number of pores. Some remove sweat, while others release sebum. This secret plays the role of a protective barrier, covering the skin with a thin layer, protecting it from the penetration of bacteria and protecting it from drying out.
With increased activity of the sebaceous glands, too much secretion is produced, it thickens and solidifies in the pore cavity. After contact with air, the top of such a “plug” oxidizes and acquires a dark color. Black dots, or comedones, appear on the face.
You can get rid of this problem with the help of cleansing procedures. A carbon mask is one of the most effective means. This is explained by the sorption properties of coal, which attracts all harmful substances, including bacteria and toxins. The substance does not irritate the skin and mucous membranes, since it is made from natural ingredients and has almost no contraindications.
Of great importance is the fact that coal is a medical preparation. This means that it passes the appropriate test and has a certificate of quality.
Coal can be used in clean form for cleaning procedures. But its hard particles can injure the epidermis. Therefore, in order for the procedure to bring only benefit, a mitigating basis will be required. For this purpose, gelatin is used, which is based on natural collagen. In addition to cleansing, it has a slight tightening effect. This is especially important for aging skin, as the body produces less collagen with age, which leads to the formation of wrinkles.
The mask is able to draw any contamination from the pores, but it cannot cure acne, since it does not have an anti-inflammatory effect. In addition, when removing the mask, there is a risk of damage to the epidermis around the eel, which can cause inflammation to spread to healthy areas.
Few people know, but thanks to a composition that is rich in vitamins and amino acids, gelatin has a positive effect on the skin. It consists of several types of amino acids (glycine, glutamine), which positively affect the skin of the face. With its properties, it makes the skin more toned and supple, saturating it with useful vitamins and removing small wrinkles, preventing their new appearance.
After a long day when nothing helps, you can make a mask of gelatin and activated carbon so that your face relaxes a bit.
Useful properties of gelatin mask with activated carbon:
- cleanses pores well
- removes excess dirt from the face,
- removes oily sheen
- normalizes blood flow
- removes small wrinkles,
- tones up the skin
- dries up inflammation,
- a face becomes without black dots on problem areas,
- heals scratches and cuts.
Preparation and application rules
A mask with activated carbon and gelatin must be done in your free time. There are several rules that must be followed during application and preparation:
- relaxed face
- steam baths before application,
- lying pose.
Steam baths are good at steaming your face. When the bath is well opened pores, so it is easier to remove dirt from them. If you do not do a steam bath before applying the mask, then the effect will be small.
A steam bath is best done using various herbs: chamomile, sage, calendula. Such herbs have a calming effect and also relax the skin of the face.
A small pot is put on fire and brought to a boil. A spoonful of chamomile, sage or calendula is added to boiling water. They let it boil for five minutes, and then cover their heads with a towel and breathe over the bath. If the bath is too hot, you need to slightly open the towel.
2. A relaxed face.
It is necessary to relax the face so that the mask is well absorbed. It’s better not to talk to anyone at this time, because the mask will be negatively affected by facial expressions.
On the day of application you need to completely relax. Better in a lying position, as well as not talking and not building various grimaces. Lying face is more relaxed and calm.
You must also remember the rules for applying the mask:
- places for drawing,
- places not to be affected
- frequency of use.
The mask can be applied not only to the face, but also to the neck and décolleté. If there are small acne, then the product will well dry the problem parts.
2. Where can not be applied?
TOAround the eyes should not be affected. At this point, the skin is very sensitive and can negatively react to activated carbon and gelatin.
It is not recommended to apply on the area around the mouth. The skin in this place is also sensitive. It is better to look after such sensitive places with the help of a cream.
3. Frequency of use.
TThis mask is not suitable for frequent use. The procedure should be repeated no more than 1 time per week (for dry and normal skin) or 2 times a week (for oily skin).
If you do the course, then no more than 6 weeks. After the course, the skin will need to rest for about a month.
Thus, the skin will not be too dry, and the beneficial properties of the procedure will be used 100%.
The recipe for a mask of coal and gelatin includes the following components:
- Gelatin (take 1 teaspoon)
- Coal (1 tablet),
- Water or milk (2 tsp).
The usual recipe uses water. Milk is used to whiten the skin. If you need to whiten your face, then take ordinary raw milk instead of water.
1. A small tablet of coal is placed in a small bowl and crushed. The tablet should be in powder form.
2. After turning into powder, gelatin is added to the mass and mixed thoroughly.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of water or milk to the finished mixture.
4. All are thoroughly mixed and put to bask in a water bath or in the microwave.
5. Prepare until the gelatin and activated carbon are completely dissolved. The mass is charcoal.
6. The mask is applied to cleansed skin with a special brush or fingers.
7. The procedure is carried out from 15 to 20 minutes.
After the procedure, it is necessary to smear the face with cream, so as not to overdry the skin.
The procedure is best done at night. Before going to bed, the mask will remove all fatigue, and the next morning the skin will breathe in a new way.
Reviews after application
Reviews about the procedure are always positive. It helps with any skin, but you should not get carried away.
Girls, this is the best face mask. I spent so much money on purchased masks until I read the recipe for a mask with coal on the Internet. Now the skin is so supple and without redness. The husband can’t get enough, because the money stopped going nowhere.
Everything helped perfectly. I learned about the recipe from a friend, her skin is simply gorgeous. I asked what she was using. She talked about the mask. Now I also do it often. The effect is simply gorgeous.
Made a very liquid mask. She helped, but tore off the torment. Next time I’ll do it by eye.
Not a mask, but just my salvation! I did the course for a month. Now the skin is beautiful, clean and there is no oily sheen. I recommend to everyone.
She did the mask for two weeks. It began to dry the skin very much, so it stopped doing completely. For oily skin, a good option, but dry sweat suffers. I liked the mask, the pores cleared, but I can not use it often.
- Activated carbon has powerful cleansing properties. Thanks to the absorbing effect, it deeply cleans the pores of accumulated contaminants, thereby preventing the formation of comedones.
- Home-made charcoal masks are in no way inferior to more expensive storefronts. Already after the first procedure, marked relief alignment is noted, the number of black dots decreases, and the face takes on a fresh, rested look.
- The most effective carbon mask acts on the problematic fatty type of epidermis, ridding the skin of acne and other inflammatory elements.
- However, the basis of the product does not contain components with bactericidal anti-inflammatory properties, so such a mask will be useless in the treatment of acne.
- Owners of dry skin are recommended to add other nutritional components to the formulation that will have a softening effect on sensitive areas of the dermis.
See daily collections of the best cosmetics
How to avoid problems
Despite the fact that the ingredients that make up the product have virtually no contraindications, improper preparation and application can result in unpleasant consequences:
- Redness, dryness and tightness of the skin.
- Pain during removal.
- The appearance of wounds.
In order not to encounter such problems, you must adhere to the rules of preparation, application and removal of funds.
How to apply
For application, it is best to use a soft brush. The wide model is most suitable. It will help to quickly spread the mixture in a thin uniform layer.
If there is still no experience in applying the mask, then for a start you can restrict yourself to the T-zone, i.e. distribute the mass on the forehead and wings of the nose. A small amount can be applied to the chin area. All movements should be made from the bottom up.
The product is applied in several layers, at least 2-3. The more of them, the easier it will be to shoot.
Since it hardens quickly, you should not hesitate, and immediately apply the next layer immediately after the first. Particularly problematic areas are required to be applied with light patting movements.
How to shoot
The first time you need to leave the mask on your face for 5-7 minutes to check how the skin will react to it. Shoot without waiting for complete solidification. If the mixture dries, then removing it will be problematic. She will tear and take off with scales. In this case, the process may be accompanied by painful sensations.
The best option is to remove the mask with a whole layer. Remove slowly and carefully, going from the bottom up. If necessary, you can help yourself with a small cosmetic spatula, gently prying the film. Rinsing off with water is not recommended, since the purpose of the mask is to “pull out” all the dirt from the pores. And when washing off, not all fat will be removed and the pores will remain clogged.
If the product is dry, do not tear it off the face. It is better to wet a napkin in warm water and apply it to your face for a few seconds. The mixture is slightly soaked and easily removed. If parts of it remain on the skin, then they can be easily removed with a sponge moistened with warm water or a tonic.
After the procedure, you should wash yourself with cool water or massage your face with an ice cube to close the pores. After a few minutes, apply a light nourishing cream.
From gelatin, coal and honey
This option is more suitable for sensitive skin. Honey will soften it, enrich it with vitamins, and make it healthy.
Honey should be introduced into an already prepared composition. Use no more than 1/3 tsp. at once. If the mixture is thick, dilute it with milk a little.
Useful properties of the main component
In 1831, a professor at the Paris Medical Academy, in front of amazed colleagues, took a lethal dose of poison and survived. The scientist did not intend to take his own life, his goal was to demonstrate the wonderful properties of coal. After all, immediately after the use of the poison, he then accepted the still little-known activated carbon.
The main component of many medicines and face care products is famous for the following beneficial properties.
- Great absorbent. Due to its porous, absorbent structure, coal is able to draw and remove toxins, coming in contact with the skin.
- Antibacterial properties. Effective in the fight against various types of bacteria that cause skin diseases (impetigo, cutaneous staphylococcus, furunculosis).
- Removes greasy shine. Coal is an indispensable component in home remedies for oily skin type. It is able to penetrate the upper layer of the epidermis, narrow pores and normalize the secretion of sweat glands.
- Smoothes the surface of the skin. For those who for many years suffer from roughness, scars, spots and tubercles from blackheads, an activated carbon face mask will be a real salvation.
Charcoal charcoal masks are suitable for all skin types and all ages. Facial cleansing with this component is popular, however, the range of application of coal face masks is much wider.
Rules for the use of coal masks
Coal improves the functioning of the sebaceous glands, helps eliminate age spots and evens complexion. It consists of only three components - carbon, oxygen and hydrogen, so it is harmless and does not cause allergic reactions.But for the best result, pay attention to the following rules.
- Application. Not more than once or twice a week.
- Regularity. Masks should be used in courses, with prolonged use of one composition (within 4-5 weeks) take a break for a month.
- Shelf life. Coal is sold in every pharmacy and is inexpensive, so it will not be difficult to purchase a fresh preparation for the preparation of home formulations. Do not use expired tablets in masks; such a mask will not have useful properties.
- Contraindication. Face masks containing activated charcoal and gelatin cannot be used if the skin has unhealed wounds, scratches, cracks and dilated vessels (rosacea).
Preparing the skin for the procedure
- Remove all makeup from your face in the usual way for you, then wash with warm water.
- Steam the skin of the face in any of the following ways, so that the cleansing will be deeper, and the nutrients will be better absorbed.
- Method 1. You will need a large towel and pan, as well as an elastic band or hair clip to remove hair from the face. Prepare any herbal poison (for example, chamomile, parsley or nettle), until it has cooled, add 1-2 drops of oil to it (choose according to the type of skin: camphor is suitable for oily, shea or avocado for dry, normal for dry lavender or geranium). Stir the composition, place the pan on a chair or stool, cover with a towel over the container and steam the face. Do not lower your head to the pan very much, it can cause a burn, the optimal distance will be 20-30 cm. For normal skin, the procedure will take about 15 minutes, dry skin should not be exposed to steam for more than 5 minutes, for oily skin the process can be extended to 20 minutes.
- Method 2. Use a natural cotton napkin, place it in a hot cooked broth only, squeeze and cover it with your face. Lie in this position until the cloth cools down.
- Method 3. A lot of steaming products are sold in stores, but pay attention to the composition - it should contain extracts of medicinal plants, berries, fruits, essential oils, vitamins).
- If you have dry skin, apply a nourishing cream before steaming (for 20-30 minutes). Treat oily skin with a special tonic or lotion.
Popular mask recipes
Activated carbon masks for face are easy to prepare and use. At home, you can prepare useful compounds for various purposes (eliminating oily sheen, getting rid of black spots, blackheads and facial wrinkles, nourishing the upper layer of the epidermis).
With clay for acne
A lot of positive reviews receive a coal mask with clay, which is used to cleanse the face and fight acne. The clay included in the composition absorbs excess sebum and secretion of sweat glands.
Find the right component for your skin type. For skin prone to oiliness and inflammation (acne), white clay is suitable, green - for dry, for sensitive use red clay. You can buy the main component in any cosmetic store or pharmacy at a price of 40 rubles. per pack (100 g). You will need: 1 tbsp. cosmetic clay, 2 tablets of activated carbon, boiled water.
- Grind the tablets into powder.
- Add chilled boiled water to make a thick slurry.
- Mix dry clay with charcoal.
Apply the finished composition to the face skin cleansed with a scrub or tonic and previously steamed, leave it on the face for no more than 15 minutes and rinse. A positive result from a face mask with activated carbon and clay is noticeable after the first application.
Yeast with honey
Coal-yeast mask will help to refresh and tighten the skin. Yeast contains a unique set of vitamins and minerals. Vitamin B5 has a protective effect, B9 fights inflammation, E and amino acids have regenerative and anti-aging effects, B3 improves complexion, finally B7 nourishes and moisturizes the skin. Yeast also contains magnesium, zinc, potassium, calcium and iodine, which are good for the skin. For its preparation you will need: 3 tablets of activated carbon, 1 tsp. honey, 20 g of dried yeast and heavy cream.
- Mix powdered activated carbon with dry yeast.
- Add a teaspoon of honey to the mixture.
- Mix the composition with cream so that the resulting mass resembles sour cream in density.
- Apply the mask and leave for 20 minutes, then rinse with water.
The regular use of such a mask has a rejuvenating effect on the skin.
With egg and lemon juice
Coal-egg mask is used to eliminate inflammation and oily skin. Due to the fact that protein and yolk are used in the recipe, the mask has a double effect: protein has bactericidal and anti-inflammatory properties, and the yolk nourishes and nourishes the skin cells with useful substances. The mask cleanses the skin, eliminates oiliness and inflammation, but does not dry, but on the contrary nourishes and moisturizes. To prepare it you will need: 3 tablets of activated carbon, 1 egg and 5 drops of lemon juice.
- Grind charcoal tablets to a powdery state.
- Mix the coal powder with the egg.
- Add 5 drops of lemon to the egg-carbon mixture.
The mask is applied with the thinnest film, after the procedure (after 15-20 minutes), wipe your face with a soft cloth moistened with cold water. Cold water will narrow the pores and tone the skin.
To rejoice at the smoothness and cleanliness of your skin, carry out procedures regularly. Activated carbon face masks have become an alternative to expensive trips to the beauty parlor for professional cleaning. If you take care of the skin all the time, you will not need to get rid of the black dots by mechanical action. In cases of acne - a complex of masks needs to be combined with a full treatment and diet.
From gelatin with coal and clay
Before introducing clay into the composition of the mask, one should determine for what purposes it is used. With the help of blue clay, you can remove puffiness and get rid of age spots. Yellow will help relieve inflammation, heal wounds, green will normalize the activity of the sebaceous glands. For skin prone to comedones, black clay will be the best option. This is a good sorbent that will help cleanse and dry the skin, rejuvenates and evens out tone.
Add 1 tsp to the prepared gelatin mask with activated carbon. clay. You will get a thick mass, and to apply it on your face, you will have to use a cosmetic spatula or spatula.
With aloe juice
A few drops of juice added to the mask will allow you to use it for problem skin that needs a deeper, but at the same time gentle cleansing.
Aloe has an antiseptic and healing effect, nourishes, moisturizes, evens out the tone.
Despite all the positive properties, you should not apply the product to severely inflamed areas and leave it on your face for a long time.
Making a mask at home
A mask with activated carbon and gelatin powder is prepared quickly at home and does not require the use of sophisticated equipment. To mix the ingredients, you will need a shallow container, such as a small bowl, and a pan or bowl for a water bath. A large container will be used in order to put dishes with a mask in it and dissolve all the components.
This version of the mask recipe with gelatin and activated carbon involves the use of pure warm water as the liquid base. The mask will effectively remove even the smallest black dots. The coal will not completely dissolve, and the remaining small grains will act as a scrub, further cleaning the pores and dermis.
In a container, mix 1 tablet of coal, previously crushed, with 1 tsp. gelatin. Put in a water bath and slowly introduce 2 tsp. water, stirring continuously. Get a thick viscous mass. Cool it to room temperature and apply on face.
To dissolve gelatin, you can send the mixture to the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
Fruit Juice Based
To prepare a mask rich in vitamins and minerals, you can use juice or mashed pears, raspberries, cranberries, red currants, grapes, kiwi, peach. A good addition would be citrus fruits: orange or grapefruit. You can use one kind of juice or a mix of several fruits. To the finished mask add 1 tbsp. l fruit juice.
Before using such a composition, you should make sure that there is no allergic reaction to fruits and berries.
For the lazy
If there is no desire to prepare the product according to the classic recipe, you can use a simplified version without gelatin. A mask with charcoal will also help cleanse the skin of black spots. Grind 2-3 tablets of coal, dilute with warm water to the state of slurry and apply to problem areas. Then gently rinse and apply a nourishing cream.