Porridge from various cereals is very useful and should be included in the diet of both children and adults. I offer a recipe for corn porridge cooked in milk and water. The dish is tasty, satisfying and very healthy. To give the porridge a brighter flavor, you can add berries or fruits to it. I decided to add slices of nectarines, although without fruit the result is excellent. Give it a try!
Features of cereals: its benefits, types of grinding
Eating corn porridge is characterized by:
- Low nutritional value - 100 g of the product contains 86 calories, so it is ideal for people who adhere to the diet.
- There is no gluten in the composition, so it can be used as complementary foods for six-month-old children.
In the process of processing grain cereals obtained:
- polished - for consumption,
- large - cereals are made from it,
- small - sticks are made from it.
Corn porridge is rich in trace elements that are necessary for the life of the body. Among its useful qualities can be identified:
- hypoallergenic - can be used as the first lure for children,
- normalization of cholesterol,
- body cleansing
- digestion improvement,
- skin rejuvenation,
- fiber content
- improvement of the nervous system
- beneficial effect on the work of the heart, blood vessels.
Also, the composition of flour from corn includes histidine and tryptophan, which are components of vegetable protein. The chemical composition is suitable for women during the period of bearing a child.
Rinse the corn grits well (I put the grits in a sieve and rinse it with running water).
Combine water with milk and pour into a pan (for cooking porridge it is better to take a thick-walled pan). Add washed corn grits, mix, put on fire and bring to a boil.
When the corn porridge boils, reduce the heat to a minimum and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
At the end of cooking, add salt, sugar and butter, mix well. Tasty, healthy porridge cooked from corn grits is almost ready. With this dish you can experiment again and again, for example, add berries or fruits. I decided to add nectarine, the taste of corn porridge became brighter.
Wash the nectarine, peel and, after removing the stone, cut into small pieces. Add the pieces of nectarine to the hot porridge, mix and turn off the heat.
Cover the pan with porridge and wrap (I wrap the pan with a warm towel) for about 30 minutes - during which time the porridge will infuse and evaporate.
Very tasty, satisfying and healthy corn porridge, cooked in milk and water, is ready, we serve it hot to the table. This dish will appeal to your whole family, try it!
Step by step recipe with photo
Corn grits in this recipe are first boiled for some time in water, and milk is added a little later, in parts, not all at once. So the porridge is soft, the grains are well boiled and do not stick to the bottom.
You can add corn porridge in water with milk with any soft nuts, fruit slices, berries, condensed milk, jam. Vanilla sugar can be added to your taste and desire, sugar or powder with natural vanilla will give a special taste.
Pour water into the pan.
Pour in the corn grits. Add sugar, salt, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a minimum and cook cereal in water until the water is completely absorbed. Stir porridge periodically.
At this stage, the porridge will start to “shoot”, so pour milk in parts and stir the porridge, avoiding aggressive drilling. Gradually, the cereal will begin to absorb milk. The main thing is to add it a little bit and often stir the porridge with a spoon or spatula.
When all the milk has been completely added and the porridge becomes homogeneous, put the butter, mix the porridge and cook on the lowest heat for 10-15 minutes. I just leave the porridge on a hot electric stove, and so it "comes" on the residual heat.
Ready corn porridge in water with milk is good in hot form. But in the cold, porridge is beautiful, so it looks like pudding.
Recipes for delicious porridge
Before cooking, it should be borne in mind that the larger the grain, for the extraction of which corn was used, the longer it takes.
The basic rules of cooks:
- Groats should be thoroughly washed, regardless of grinding.
- Dishes are used only with thick walls.
- Pour the main component into boiling liquid, stirring.
- Cook over medium or low heat.
- To prepare a liquid mass, the ratio of cereal to liquid should be 1: 4, and for a thick one - 1: 3.
- After cooking, keep the dish under the lid for a quarter of an hour.
Adding milk and butter will add tenderness. If porridge is prepared for a child up to a year, then milk must be diluted. Women know how to make porridge from maize: they have their own secrets and the recipe by which they cook it. Various products will help to add a new, unusual taste.
Porridge on the water
Corn porridge on the water is combined with meat, fish and vegetables. You can add nuts, dried fruits and honey to the dish, which diversifies the children's menu. It is easy to cook this option, but for a long time - 60 minutes.
For cooking you need:
- cornmeal - 1 tbsp;
- water - 600-800 ml,
- butter - 50 gr,
- salt is a pinch.
- Add processed maize and seasoning to boiling water.
- Cook until boiling over medium heat for half an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from stove, add oil and mix.
Unsweetened porridge is suitable as a side dish.
Cooked porridge with milk is the simplest dish, but it is difficult to underestimate its benefits. The beneficial properties of milk increase the benefits of corn grits. To cook corn porridge in milk so that it is soft and juicy, you can, if you initially boil the product of grain processing.
- groats - 150 gr.,
- water - 0.4 l
- milk - 0.2 l
- salt - a pinch
- sugar - 1 spoon
- oil drain. - 50 gr.
- Add the main component to the boiling liquid.
- Simmer until the liquid has evaporated.
- Stirring, introduce milk, sugar, salt.
- Cook for another quarter hour. Add oil, mix.
Calorie porridge in milk. But at the same time there are a lot of vitamins in it. It will be a great breakfast option.
Cooking in a slow cooker saves time and preserves the useful properties of the product. This process is simple and uncomplicated: you do not need to monitor the readiness of the dish and stir it regularly.
- groats - 1 tbsp.,
- water - 600 ml
- oil - 50 gr,
- salt to taste.
How to cook porridge in a slow cooker
- Pour the corn product into the bowl of the device.
- To salt.
- Pour in the liquid and mix.
- Set the desired mode.
- After cooking, let the dish brew.
Before use, add oil.
The recipe for milk porridge in a slow cooker is very simple. The principle of preparation is similar, only milk and sugar are used instead of water.
Corn grits or flour - what’s good?
Corn grits can be of different grinding:
- small (the size of grains like semolina),
- medium (grains like wheat or barley groats),
Separately, corn flour should also be isolated, the grains of which are crushed to a powder state.
Fine grinding of cereals is also referred to as coarse corn flour, from which traditional dishes are prepared in some countries: mamalygu in Romania and polenta in Italy. In our country, cornmeal porridge is cooked for young children up to a year and used as a first feeding.
Corn porridge with milk can be made from cereals of any grinding, but you need to know this nuance: the finer it is, the sooner the dish will be ready. In recipes it is usually stated that the cooking time of porridge is from 30 to 40 minutes. A dish of coarse grits is cooked for about an hour.
Pre-soaking cereals is usually necessary when porridge is cooked for baby food. It is believed that phytic acid is neutralized in this way, which prevents the absorption of beneficial substances (nutrients) in the intestine.
If you want to make porridge for a child, choose cornmeal or finely ground cereals
A microwave is also available for quick cooking. Such a solution will save time and get a tasty and healthy dish, without making much effort.
- groats - 1 tbsp. A finely ground product is required to completely boil,
- water - 0.6 l
- salt, sugar to taste,
- oil - 50 gr.
- Add hot water to the container - for 1 tbsp of cereal 3 tbsp of liquid.
- Add cereal, salt and mix well.
- Cook for 5 minutes at full capacity microwave.
- After 2-3 minutes, you need to get the dish, mix and send in the microwave for a couple of minutes.
Have her hot.
Corn porridge on the water
A method of making porridge from corn grits on water is simple, in contrast to the length of its cooking time, and is about 1 hour. Any self-respecting housewife knows how to cook porridge from corn grits on water, and each has its own recipe for cooking. In any case, the main aspect is the implementation of the sequence of technology.
Implementation of 8 important rules is recommended:
- Rinse groats under warm water.
- The pan should be thick-walled.
- Pour the cereal with a thin stream into salted boiling water while mixing.
- Cooking only over moderate heat.
- Stir periodically throughout the cooking time.
- Cooking takes 30 minutes.
- To prepare a liquid dish, 4 glasses of water is required, and for a thick one, 3 glasses.
- Insist with the lid closed for 15 minutes.
The list of the correct ratio of products:
- a glass of cereal
- water - 3 - 4 tbsp.,
- some salt
- oil - 50g.
Component bookmark order:
- pour water into a pan and boil,
- salt with the addition of cereals,
- stir occasionally until boiling over medium heat for 30 minutes,
- put the pot off the stove,
- mix with oil,
- close the lid and insist half an hour.
Adding butter during infusion of porridge makes it saturated. Onion lovers can add a fried product that gives the dish a piquant flavor. Unsweetened dish is also suitable as a side dish for meat and fish products, mushrooms and vegetables. An important aspect when cooking a corn product is maintaining proportions.
How and how much to cook milk porridge
It is better to cook milk porridge in a pan with a thick bottom or in a cauldron, since corn very quickly and strongly sticks to the bottom. It must also be remembered that continuous stirring is a prerequisite.
The ratio of the main ingredients is as follows: cereal, water, milk - 1: 2: 2. With such proportions, the porridge turns out to be boiling, but not steep. If you want a more fluid dish, you can dilute the milk with another glass of water. Then the ratio will be as follows: cereal, water, milk - 1: 3: 2.
Milk porridge from corn is prepared in three stages:
- Boil the cereals in boiling water until swelling, until the water evaporates.
- Pour the swollen cereal with milk (if you need liquid porridge, add another glass of water), cook under the lid until tender, mix.
- Insist porridge for several minutes.
Corn porridge with milk will turn out even tastier if you add lemon zest, dried fruits, vanilla, ground cinnamon, and any fresh fruits when serving. It is allowed to flavor the dish with honey - both tasty and healthy. In the latter case, you can reduce the amount of sugar, or even do without it.
It will not be superfluous to flavor prepared porridge with additional ingredients: for example, raisins or dried apricots
Porridge with corn grits and pumpkin
If you add pumpkin to the flour from corn, you get a kind of dessert. The dish turns out fragrant and tasty, so no one refuses it.
For cooking are used:
- corn grits - 1 cup,
- milk - 500 ml
- pumpkin - 0.4 kg
- butter - 50 gr,
- sugar - 50 g, salt - a pinch.
Cooking consists of stages
- Put the groats in a pan and lightly fry.
- Boil milk.
- Pour the cereal into the milk and let it brew for 30 minutes.
- Peel the pumpkin and cut into small pieces.
- Pour sugar into the vegetable and leave until the latter is completely dissolved.
- Cook porridge for a quarter of an hour.
- Put the pumpkin to the cereal, add salt and cook until it is ready.
- Let it brew for 10 minutes.
Add oil before serving.
Milk corn porridge for a child
Corn porridge has a special place in the nutrition of children. It is allowed to introduce it into the diet of a child from 9 months.
Porridge is useful for digestion, strengthens the protective functions of the body, improves heart function. Such food is safe for allergy sufferers.
To prevent corn porridge from milk burning, cook it in a bowl with a thick bottom. Are you planning to give the dish to the baby up to a year? Grind the grits in a coffee grinder and do not add sweeteners.
Let’s share the secret of cooking corn porridge. Take these ingredients:
- milk - 400 g
- corn grits - 150 g,
- butter - 20 g.
Cook corn porridge like this:
- Boil the milk. Stir in the cereal - make a whirlpool with a spoon and sprinkle the product with a thin stream.
- Stew on low heat for 30 minutes.
- To make the porridge tender, leave it on the stove with the burners turned off for 15 minutes. You can wrap the dishes in a warm cloth.
- Put butter in the porridge.
Food is not only for children: adults, too, will not refuse nutritious food for breakfast. A plate of porridge will charge you with energy and vivacity for the whole day.
Corn grits porridge with milk recipe
Such a dish is especially useful because of the content of healing vitamins in milk, which complement the valuable properties of corn. It is possible to cook porridge in milk correctly with preliminary boiling cereals in water. This is a prerequisite so that the product does not burn or splatter during cooking. At the same time, the grains will be undigested and whole. Milk porridge from corn grits includes for the preparation of:
- cereal - one glass,
- 2 glasses of water
- 1 cup milk
- salt - half a small spoon,
- granulated sugar - 1 spoon,
- 50 gr oils.
- boil water in a pan,
- put the groats
- continue to simmer over moderate heat until the liquid evaporates,
- stirring, add milk, portions of sugar and salt,
- stirring to continue cooking for 10 minutes,
- set aside from the stove, adding oil to mix well.
Milk baby cereal porridge can be boiled with vanilla sugar and dried fruits. This dish for the children's body will have not only amazing taste, but also the nutritional properties of dried fruits. In addition, she will have a fragrant vanilla smell, which children love so much.
For a dairy dish you need:
- cereals - 1 glass,
- 3 glasses of water
- milk - 2 glasses,
- oil - 50 grams:
- granulated sugar - 3 tablespoons,
- 200 gr. dried fruit
- half a spoonful of vanilla sugar
- half a teaspoon of salt.
- boil salted water,
- stirring, pour the cereal,
- stirring to cook over medium heat until evaporated for 15 minutes,
- add milk, stir by adding vanilla sugar,
- with periodic stirring, cook for 15 minutes,
- turn off the stove and put butter and dried fruit,
- leave to languish for 10 minutes.
How much fluid to take
The amount of liquid depends on what kind of porridge you like. The standard proportion is 1 cup of corn grits for 4 cups of liquid. As a result, you will get 4-5 servings of medium-weight porridge:
If you add 5-6 glasses of milk or water to the same amount of cereal, the finished dish will look like liquid semolina. And if you fill a glass of corn with 2-3 glasses of liquid, the porridge will be thick, like millet.
Remember that cereal absorbs fluid well. If the porridge seems too thick during cooking, you can dilute it a little with hot milk or water.
You can leave the liquid porridge under the lid, then it will be thicker.
Oven from maize porridge
Oven-made maize flour is a variation of the usual porridge recipe. This dish can be for people who follow a strict diet.
- groats - 250 gr
- water - 500 ml
- sugar, salt - a pinch,
- butter - 40 gr,
- raisins to taste
- Soak raisins 2 hours before cooking.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Place the groats in a cauldron with thick walls or a baking pot.
- Add boiling water, sugar, salt and raisins.
- Stir and cover.
- Put in the oven for 40 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees. It is necessary to get a cauldron from the oven and mix, and then place it back.
The last manipulation must be performed before the appearance of a golden crust.
How to cook corn porridge in water without milk
People think that porridge on the water is not tasty. We can argue that this is not so. Try to cook a dish - it does not take much effort. In the porridge on the water, add any ingredients - mushrooms, vegetables or meat. Also serve as a side dish.
For porridge from corn grits on water you will need:
- corn grits - 200 g,
- water - 400 g
- butter - 50 g,
- salt to taste.
Learn how to make corn porridge:
- Pour the cereal into boiling salted water.
- Bring the porridge to a boil and reduce the heat.
- Cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally with a spoon.
- When the meal is ready, wrap the dishes in a blanket and leave for 40 minutes.
- Add butter.
You can try tender porridge.
You learned the secrets of making corn porridge in water and milk. Choose a recipe to your liking.
Corn porridge in a slow cooker
The technology for making porridge in a multicooker has a quick and easy process. It is not necessary to keep track of how much corn grits to cook - the set mode of the household electrical appliance will cope with all the functions during cooking automatically. There is also no need for constant mixing of the product. During cooking, the evaporation of the liquid occurs gradually, with the transition from the "porridge" to the "heating" mode. Therefore, worrying about a leash of burning is completely not worth it.
Cooking in a slow cooker has a great advantage over cooking in a pan. It turns out more delicious and fragrant, while maintaining all the necessary nutritional properties. You can leave the dish in the slow cooker and enjoy it later. At the same time, it will remain warm and fresh for a long time.
All cereals in the multicooker are excellent, but corn grits, the recipes for which are very diverse, work best. We suggest considering recipes for a dairy dish, and on the water. A dietary corn dish made with water is a healthy product for the body.
Easily digestible product consists of:
- one cup of cereal
- water - 3 tbsp.,
- oils - 50 gr.,
- salt for taste.
- put the groats in the bowl,
- put butter and salt
- pour in water and stir the contents of the bowl,
- press the "porridge" mode for 35 minutes,
- stir and insist for 10 minutes.,
- add oil before serving.
A hearty recipe for milk corn porridge is an easily accessible option for cooking in a slow cooker. Its calorie content in porridge is much higher than a product prepared on water. She is especially loved by children who adore her in the morning with adoration, adding various jam or fruits. The recipe for a dairy dish is almost the same as the recipe for water.
- one cup of cereal
- milk - 4 tbsp.,
- oils - 50 gr.,
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- a pinch of salt.
- pour cereal into the multicooker bowl,
- salt, pour milk, sugar,
- set the program "porridge" for 25 minutes.,
- insist 10 minutes with the lid closed,
- serve with butter.
- medium-sized corn grits - 1 cup,
- purified water - 2 glasses,
- milk - 2 glasses,
- sugar - 1 tablespoon,
- salt (to taste).
If you decide to cook porridge from wholemeal corn, then only the cooking time will change.
- Boil milk, cool.
Boil milk first
Do not forget to stir the grits!
Butter is added when porridge is ready
The cooled porridge from corn turns into a dense uniform mass. To make it liquid again, you just need to warm it up.
What to add to corn porridge
If you want sweet cereal, put salt and sugar in the liquid along with the cereal. For 1 cup of cereal, ½ teaspoon of salt and 1-2 tablespoons of sugar are enough. But it is better to focus on your own taste: try milk or water and add seasonings if necessary.
Sweet cereal will perfectly complement butter, dried fruits, as well as fresh fruits and berries. Add them at the end of cooking or directly during serving. This article has a great recipe with pumpkin.
Corn porridge can also be cooked on the side. In this case, sugar is not required. In addition to salt, you can put ground black pepper, curry, turmeric and other spices in the dish. And at the end of cooking add fried onions, carrots and other vegetables, tomatoes in their own juice, mushrooms or greens.
How to cook corn porridge on the stove
In a pot with a thick bottom, bring water or milk to a boil. If you cook porridge on their mixture, first boil water: you will need milk later.
Pour seasoning and corn grits into the liquid and mix. Cook over low heat for about 40 minutes, stirring constantly.
If necessary, pour hot milk approximately in the middle of cooking, when the porridge thickens.
How to cook corn porridge in the microwave
Pour the cereal into a glass or ceramic container. Pour in hot liquid, add salt and sugar and mix.
Cover and microwave. Cook for 4–5 minutes at 800 watts. Stir and cook for another 6–8 minutes, stirring every 1.5–2 minutes.
Leave the cooked porridge in a closed microwave for another 10 minutes.
Dry cereal porridge
Porridge cooked according to this recipe will give strength, energy and vitality for the whole day. The child will like it, in addition, there will be no digestive problems.
For cooking you need:
- groats - 1 tbsp.,
- water - 500 ml
- raisins - 75 gr
- other dried fruits - 150 g,
- sugar - 2 tbsp. l.,
- butter - 40 grams,
- salt to taste.
- Dissolve sugar and salt in water and put on fire.
- As soon as the water boils, add the cereal.
- After boiling again, make the fire minimal.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
In the finished dish, add oil and chopped dried fruits. Let it brew for half an hour and you can serve it to the table.
Pumpkin porridge with corn grits
Many gourmets are faced with the question of what can be prepared from corn grits with a less high-calorie product. Pumpkin is definitely suitable as such a product. Being a topical supplement in porridge, it does not lose its valuable significance in combination with a corn product. Pumpkin corn dish belongs to such a low-calorie dish, which is not only useful, but also fairly consumed in the family diet.
The saturated color of the pumpkin and its most delicate taste always attracts the attention of little admirers. Pumpkin corn porridge is prepared on water, and methods of cooking in milk are also popular, from which it becomes much tender and buttery. Honey and cinnamon, added at the end of the preparation, can add a spicy touch to the dish. Such a bright product can be included in the diet of the whole family.
Liquid meal for babies
If the baby has already tasted buckwheat and rice porridge and is over eight months old, you can try adding corn to his diet. This is allowed after the introduction of food on the water into the foods and in the absence of a child’s milk allergy.
Essential ingredients per serving:
- cornmeal - 3 tablespoons,
- water - 100 ml
- milk - 200 ml
- salt, sugar (to taste).
- Pour cornmeal with cold water.
- We put it on the stove and immediately begin to mix, it is advisable to do this with a whisk (lumps do not form this way).
- Constantly mixing, cook porridge for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Add milk, after boiling keep on the stove for another 5-10 minutes.
- Salt to taste, sprinkle with sugar, put butter.
- We serve the baby in a warm form so that it does not burn.
Feed your baby only warm porridge so that he does not get a burn of the oral mucosa
Tasty and hearty meat dish
Basically, porridge is served as a side dish, but if you add meat and vegetables to corn grits, you will get an independent dish. It is easy to prepare, and the result will surprise.
For cooking you need:
- corn grits - 0.3 kg,
- meat - 0.3 kg
- carrots - 1 pc.
- onion - 1 pc.
- tomatoes - 3 pcs.,
- water - 500 ml
- sunflower oil - 50 ml,
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- Cut the meat into small pieces.
- Grate the carrots.
- Dice tomatoes and onions.
- Put the meat in a pan with preheated oil, fry for 7 minutes.
- Add onions with carrots, continue to fry with meat.
- After 5 minutes, add tomatoes to the products and continue to simmer.
- Salt, pepper.
- Add the grits and fill with water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Cook for about 30 minutes until the liquid has completely evaporated.
The groats prepared according to this recipe are tender, nutritious and very tasty.
Porridge made from a corn processing product is a popular dish in many countries. But for its preparation you need hard cheese. This cooking option can be used as a side dish or an independent dish. Corn grits are combined with any kind of cheese.
- cereal from corn - 1.5 cups,
- hard cheese - 100 grams,
- butter - 50 grams,
- water - 0.6 liters
- seasonings to taste.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Pour the main component of the dish into boiling liquid, cook for 30 minutes over low heat.
- Grate the cheese.
- In an almost ready porridge, add butter and cheese, mix well.
- Darken until fully cooked.
Serve her hot.
Corn porridge is hypoallergenic and therefore safe for the child. If you cook corn porridge in milk, then it perfectly diversifies the children's menu - it can be used as complementary foods or a full breakfast. It must be liquid, because it will thicken as it cools.
- milk is an incomplete glass
- water - 0.5 cups
- corn product - 2 full tbsp. l.,
- butter to taste,
- salt (sugar) - to taste.
Cooking consists of stages
- Combine milk and water, put on fire.
- Sweeten right away.
- As soon as the contents of the pan begin to boil, add the cereal and mix well.
- Simmer for about half an hour. Cooking time can be halved if the grits are ground in advance on a coffee grinder.
It is allowed to add chopped fruits, nuts, dried fruits. You can add a delicious aroma by adding vanilla.
If you want to cook something unusual, then corn porridge in Italian is what you need. It should be eaten with cheese sauce, which will decorate everyday food. Ingredients:
- groats - 1 tbsp.,
- milk is an incomplete glass
- water - 4 tbsp.,
- hard cheese - 100 gr.,
- flour - 1 tbsp. l.,
- butter - 100 gr,
- paprika - to taste.
- Mix milk with water, put on fire.
- Pour the main component into boiling liquid.
- Boil for half an hour over low heat. Stir with a whisk.
- Cover the form for serving with cling film, put the finished porridge in the form of a layer on it, let it cool. As it cools, it thickens.
- Make the sauce. Melt butter, add flour. Darken the resulting mass over low heat. Grate cheese, mix with the resulting mass, paprika, salt.
Before serving, it is necessary to cut the dish into portions and pour cheese sauce.
Cooking corn porridge is easy. You need to know the correct proportion of ingredients and cooking time. So that this healthy dish is not tired, you can experiment in the kitchen with different recipes and ingredients.
Reviews and tips hostesses from the forums
I cook in portioned pots of 200–250 ml in the microwave (so that the milk does not burn) in the Oven + Microwave mode at 140 degrees. Set the pot on the scales, pour cold milk, fall asleep cereals, salt, sugar. The first phase - boiling - 5 minutes at 70 power. Between phases add butter and mix. The second phase - ripening - 15-30 minutes at 40-20 power. Even the daughter eats without a trace.
Yes, nowhere is simpler than corn porridge :) I take any cereals that are in the store. the main thing in it is not to pour too much, because it thickens quickly. I put 2 tablespoons of corn grits with a maximum of 1 tablespoon of milk. I fill it in boiling milk, turn it down, interfere. at this stage, you can also add a spoonful of sugar, but I prefer dried fruits (dates, dried cherries, prunes - one thing), which I put in about five minutes after the cereal. after another five minutes, the porridge begins to sharply become viscous, I turn off and set aside from the fire. all. You can still cook corn porridge with pumpkin. To do this, in the boiling milk, I first put the grated pumpkin (a little) and cook well for about 10 minutes. Then I put the groats and do everything further as I wrote above.
time depends very much on the cereal, or rather its size. Once upon a time I bought corn groats, thinking that they are all the same. The cereal was large, cooked for a very long time, but in the end it was a bit hard (((I was then disappointed in corn porridge ... And then I bought cereal as in the photo, it was written No. 3, it was small, cooked it as I wrote above, first a little with with water, then milk for 20-30 minutes. And recently I bought cereals even finer, so it cooks quickly for 10-15 minutes, it turns out to be very tender, it looks like semolina in consistency. So now if I see a small grinder, several packs at once, otherwise it doesn’t always happen with us.
Corn grits are moody in preparation and require attention. However, observing the rules of cooking, you will get an excellent result that will please the taste and good of you and your loved ones.