Dizziness is one of the common symptoms of a wide variety of causes. Typically, the head goes around in the weather, with illness or with a hangover. But, as it turns out, dizziness is different. And it can occur in a variety of circumstances. Why can you feel dizzy when you lie on your back or side? And what is this very dizziness?
What are the types of dizziness
It is necessary to distinguish the dizziness of a healthy and unhealthy person.
Normally, the head may feel dizzy from fast movement: carousels, dancing, riding anything. This is due to the fact that the eyes have time to capture information about the movement of the body in space, but the vestibular apparatus located in the inner ear does not. There is confusion between the eyes, the balance organs, and the brain, which cannot cope with the flow of untreated nerve impulses.
Stress and worry cause an adrenaline rush to the blood. Under the influence of this hormone, the vessels are compressed, preparing to protect the body from possible danger, and the brain lacks oxygen. Starvation can also cause dizziness - the brain is in dire need of glucose supplementation. During pregnancy, pressure fluctuations, fasting and diets, the head can also periodically spin.
All this is the usual reaction of the body to external stimuli. Serious should be taken to the problem when the head begins to spin at different positions of the body - tilting, rotating and raising the head, sudden movements and turns, in a lying position. This can be observed in adolescents, when the vessels of the brain grow rapidly, there is nothing to worry about. But in adults, this may mean some diseases and disorders of the vestibular apparatus and vascular system.
Visual disturbances are often mistaken for different types of dizziness. The veil or “flies” before the eyes, the surrounding space suddenly darkens or turns into any color - it is not considered true dizziness. But if there is a feeling of instability, “floating away”, it seems as if everything revolves around, moves, constantly changes its position, including its own body - here we can already assume a malfunction of the vestibular analyzer. Often, these unpleasant sensations are accompanied by nausea, sweating, impaired vision and hearing. Usually a person with such symptoms complains that they appear when he is lying or standing up.
With dizziness, other symptoms that accompany it can be observed. They need to be paid attention to help the doctor diagnose the disease.
The most common signs associated with dizziness are:
- slight nausea or vomiting,
- Strong headache,
- violation of coordination (orientation in space), the feeling that you want to fall,
- pressure surges or its change are observed,
- the discharge of blood from the ears or nose,
- general weakness.
You feel dizzy when you get up if:
- Pathology of the vestibular apparatus. Shaky gait, nausea, irregular heartbeat, tinnitus are also observed.
- If blood flow is disturbed in the inner ear. It is accompanied by an increase in blood pressure, memory loss is sometimes observed.
- Injury to the inner ear. Vomiting, hearing loss, headache if the patient rises abruptly.
- Neuritis. The head begins to spin in the morning for no reason, also nausea or vomiting.
- The presence of inflammation in the ear. Usually the temperature rises, as well as severe dizziness.
When dizzy and there are these signs, patients usually seek qualified help.
What is dizziness?
This is a phenomenon in which a person has a feeling that he is moving relative to space. Dizziness upon rising and when you lie down is not always a symptom of a disease, nerve impulses simply may not immediately reach the brain, therefore a person feels an unusual state. Sometimes it can appear at the moment when a person takes a horizontal position. Dizziness with a change in body position is a common problem.
Reasons why you feel dizzy when you go to bed
If you experience such discomfort, this may mean:
- Vestibular neuritis. Dizziness begins suddenly, and may be accompanied by vomiting. Usually an attack occurs after sleep.
- Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. When you try to lie down, stand up, turn or raise your head, the vertebral artery squeezed by the deposition of salts is compressed even more, blocking the access of blood to the brain.
- Hypotension. Low pressure acts not only in blood vessels, depriving the brain of blood and, accordingly, the necessary amount of food. The fluid in the inner ear, which is responsible for maintaining balance and signals about the position of the body, is also normally under a certain pressure. If this pressure is not enough, the fluid moves incorrectly, creating informational confusion for the brain.
- Tumors and inflammation of brain tissue. Alarming symptoms along with increased dizziness when you lie down can be headaches and one-sided hearing impairment.
- Vegetovascular dystonia. The tone of blood vessels from birth may be "wrong" - inadequately respond to situations. Including changes in body position.
- Vertebral hernia. When you change the position in a dream or just when a person is lying, dizziness similar to intoxication occurs. In this case, the neck or back may not hurt.
- Diseases of the outer and inner ear, nasopharynx. With inflammation, the tissues are filled with excess fluid, mucus and swell. This can cause pressure on other organs, which manifests itself not only when you hold your head upright, but also when you lie and tilt it.
Why dizziness occurs when changing posture
There are several conditions that can be caused by the fact that when you get up, you feel dizzy. Almost completely associated with abnormal functioning of the heart muscle. Veins and arteries that do not have enough tone are relaxed while a person is, for example, lying in bed in the morning. When it jumps sharply, weak vessels cannot cope with an unexpectedly increased load. As a result, they do not have time to fully provide nutrition to the brain. This organ also fails. Therefore, dizziness occurs when getting out of bed.
We list the pathologies that are associated with a weakened feeling when standing up:
- low or too high pressure
- interruptions in the functioning of the middle ear,
- problems with the nervous system
- psychological stress
- monthly bleeding in women.
How to help yourself at home?
If a person felt that he was dizzy when getting out of bed, do not immediately panic.
If there are no additional symptoms such as nausea, short-term pain, most likely this can be corrected at home.
If we are talking about adolescents, it is worth paying more attention to sports and drinking a vitamin course to strengthen blood vessels. B vitamins in tablets are the main helpers of blood vessels.
If the problem persists, consult a doctor who will advise more serious prophylaxis, for example, to inject vitamins intravenously, to do therapeutic exercises.
When dizzy bothering an adult, and manifests itself infrequently, without other signs (pain, nausea), you should not immediately run to the doctor. It is worth following your lifestyle.
The cause of poor vascular tone, as, indeed, of the whole organism can be:
- Regular sleep deprivation, even if a person sleeps 7 hours, but from 4 a.m. to 12 a.m. is a sleep disorder and a malfunction of the body’s biological clock,
- Improper diet, a large amount of sweet, fatty, salty and other harmful products negatively affect the functioning of the circulatory system and the state of blood vessels,
- Malnutrition, constant diets and, as a result, lack of energy can also lead to dizziness,
- A sedentary lifestyle, lack of physical activity also contributes to a decrease in the function of the circulatory system, as a result, dizziness occurs when the body position changes.
If such attacks are rare, painless, it is enough to simply establish the regime of the day, start eating right and do at least five minutes of gymnastics.
If the problem goes away by itself - you can not bother the doctors, if not, then it's time to consult a doctor.
Causes of dizziness on rising
If a person does not get out of bed smoothly, then dizziness may be observed, which will be a signal of diseases or other processes in the body. Often dizziness upon rising is observed due to the presence of the following reasons:
- Improper nutrition. This is especially true for people who dramatically change their diet, for example, reduce its calorie content or remove vitamins. The body does not receive the energy it needs and therefore reacts with dizziness when getting out of bed. In this case, you need to understand the correctness of the diet.
- Dehydration. Lack of fluid in the body can also be the cause of this condition. We must not forget to drink water on time, this also applies to people who engage in physical labor, athletes, those who have been in a hot room or in the sun for a long time, as well as in case of poisoning.
- Overwork, lack of strength. If the body is exhausted or has been working for a long time without proper rest or eating, then dizziness occurs. In this case, rest and proper, balanced nutrition is needed, which will restore the vitality of the body and allow it to function normally.
- Anemia. People with this disease have trouble getting up due to objective factors. Lack of oxygen for the functioning of tissues and GM cells.
- Diseases of the vestibular apparatus or malfunctions of its functioning. This organ is also responsible for balance, if there are pathologies, then the patient may feel dizzy.
- Stress, emotional overstrain (often pronounced). Dizziness upon rising can also occur with emotional exhaustion. Stress negatively affects the psyche and the state of a person in general, so you should calm down and relax, or seek the help of a psychologist or psychotherapist.
- Side effect of drugs. Many drugs have dizziness in a number of side effects. Therefore, if the patient is taking any medications, you need to check for the presence of such a symptom. If this condition interferes and brings more discomfort than the benefits of using the drug, then it is reasonable to stop the course, while receiving expert advice. Self-cancellation can only worsen the situation.
- Injuries to the head, neck, spine. The body is a single system, so often it responds to injuries and changes. Especially this case should not be overlooked, since a symptom can signal a serious change in a certain area.
- Hormonal background. Also, the level of hormones affects the condition. If it is increased or decreased, then dizziness may occur.
- Visual load. This is especially true for those people whose work is associated with long-term work behind the monitor or observer activity, which requires increased attention and concentration.
- GM cells and tissues do not receive enough oxygen, so dizziness is observed.
Factors related to a particular group of people:
- with neoplasms that are localized in the brain,
- with observed signs of migraine,
- having bad habits (alcoholics, smokers),
- menopause condition
Dizziness is also observed with poisoning. Before prescribing treatment, it is necessary to note all the symptoms and analyze the possible causes. Especially dizziness can be observed in girls during puberty or menstruation. Also affected by a long stay in bed.
What can make you dizzy if you go to bed
Dizziness lying down is an unpleasant and common occurrence. When a person takes a horizontal position, his cardiovascular system must reorganize his work, adapt to a new position of the body in space. If you feel dizzy as soon as you go to bed, a healthy person can have this condition. It can also warn about the development of a certain disease. This is observed if a person lays on his back, on the right, left side or there is a sharp change in body position from vertical to horizontal.
Also, unpleasant sensations can appear when the head is thrown back, or when a person tries to abruptly change position. A person may feel nauseous, headaches may appear. He tries to avoid abrupt changes in posture.
By the way, dizziness can accompany alcohol intoxication, a hangover. A drunk person suffers not only from dizziness, his blood pressure rises, his pulse quickens, confusion, an unstable emotional state are observed. In this case, you should refuse to drink alcohol, and if you can not afford it, you need to consult a narcologist.
Factors that can cause dizziness include:
- Pathology of the inner ear.
- Diseases of the endocrine system, hormonal disruptions.
- Increased pressure inside the eyes.
- Pathology of the vessels of the brain.
- CNS diseases.
- Neuritis of the vestibular apparatus.
- Spinal injuries (closed or open).
- Collapse orthostatic.
- Meniere's Syndrome.
- Osteochondrosis. Due to a violation of posture at the time when a person lies down or takes upright position, the vertebral artery does not work well. It is large enough and supplies blood to all parts of the spine and brain. Blood flows poorly, and the brain begins to malfunction.
- Inflammation of the meninges.
- Spinal hernia.
- Vegetovascular dystonia.
- Infection of the nasopharynx, ears.
- Trauma, alcoholism. This leads to the fact that the conduct of nerve impulses to the parts of the brain is disrupted. With excessive use of alcohol, as well as with a head injury, many neurons die, the connections between brain cells are broken.
The reasons that we have listed are not at all the only ones, but they lead to dizziness most often. If this condition makes it difficult to work, relax and even sleep, you must definitely share your problem with your doctor. It will help determine the provoking factor and, based on the information received, will prescribe the medicine that is most suitable for a particular patient. The final decision on the therapy is up to the doctor.
Be sure to describe your condition to the doctor in as much detail as possible. It is necessary to tell when dizziness appears, how long it lasts, if the head hurts, then left or right, are there other symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, weakness, etc. If there was a head injury, tell us which side of the head was affected, what sensations you experienced.
What to do with dizziness that occurs when you go to bed
Why is this happening and how to help myself? Finding an answer yourself is very difficult. First of all, of course, you should consult a doctor. Consultations by a neurologist, otolaryngologist, and in some cases a therapist and endocrinologist will help answer these questions.
As a temporary self-help, you can try:
- breathing exercises. We sit down or lie down, put our right hand on my stomach. Inhale slowly with your mouth and at the same time inflate your stomach. When we exhale - we draw in a stomach. We do 5-7 minutes. It helps stabilize vascular tone,
- put your hand on a stationary object and look directly at it during a dizzy spell,
- put a finger on the point of the "third eye" on the forehead and hold for 10 seconds, you can massage a little,
- massage of the head, face and neck.
In urgent cases, especially if the dangerous symptoms described above appear, an ambulance should be called.
Also, when dizzy, when you go to bed, experts recommend:
- Do not make sudden movements and turns of the head to avoid fainting. If you get out of bed, then you need to do this first by turning over on your side, and only then carefully get up.
- Do not tolerate diseases, especially viral, "on the feet." It is necessary to lie down for at least a couple of days, and after that - to be properly treated.
- Normalize the mode of work and rest. You should sleep 7-8 hours a day, and the main part of sleep should be at night. This should certainly be considered for people with vegetovascular dystonia.
- Spend at least an hour and a half a day in the fresh air, preferably in motion.
- Do not sit on strict diets.
- Engage in physical therapy designed specifically for your case.
So, if impatience just eats you up, why you feel dizzy when you go to bed, do not rush to make terrible diagnoses for yourself. But do not delay the trip to the specialist, ignoring the attacks. The head is one of the most sensitive and finely engineered parts of the body that must be carefully protected.
Dizziness when turning the head: causes
When a person experiences dizziness when changing the position of the body, when turning the head, this indicates several other problems. Usually it is accompanied by symptoms:
- strong heartbeat (tachycardia of the heart),
- sudden tinnitus
- double in the eyes, objects in front of the eyes become fuzzy.
The listed symptoms may mean 2 problems: either with the vestibular apparatus or with the inner ear.
This may be the beginning or a sign of a serious illness. For example, inflammation of the inner ear (otitis media), the organ responsible for sensation in space, can disrupt the brain.
The ear is a certain level of liquid, somewhat similar to a building one, as a result of a change in pressure in it, a person feels in space, walks. Inflammation in the ear change fluid level, and this feeling is blurred, it becomes erroneous, as a result, the head is spinning.
Having found such symptoms, you need to go to the otolaryngologist. Even if you really don’t feel like it, you still have to, when the disease becomes chronic, the treatment will be more expensive, long and less effective.
In which cases it is necessary to consult a doctor
It is worth contacting a doctor if this condition is not caused by a natural cause, for example, pregnancy, menopause, pressure changes, starvation, fatigue, or being in a stuffy (unventilated, hot) room for a long time.
If the case is solitary and is due to an obvious reason that the patient knows about, while it does not threaten his health, then you can not contact a specialist.
It is optimal to consult a specialist if a person feels unwell or is disturbed by such a symptom. First, you can make an appointment with a therapist who will analyze the symptoms and refer you to another specialist. It is never superfluous to check the body, especially if the patient has not previously observed such changes.
Types of Dizziness
People tend to be inactive to the last. For a long time, they do not pay attention to the symptoms, which may turn out to be signs of quite dangerous diseases, and are dragged on a visit to the doctor. As a result, at the time a disease is discovered, it can be simply too late.
However, there are opposite cases when the patient, on the contrary, goes to the doctor too often, inventing the worst diseases, requiring the doctor to urgently treat him in the hospital.
It’s good if the doctor gets honest and patient, he can convince him that nothing terrible is happening to the body, but a fraudster can also get caught who, in the process of false treatment, will try to extract as much money as possible from an absolutely healthy person. Therefore, it is extremely important to distinguish between physiological and pathological dizziness, which will be discussed further.
- Typically, the head is spinning if the brain can not cope with a large number of unprocessed impulses sent by the nerves when the body moves too quickly. For example, as on a merry-go-round, when cornering, dancing and traveling on any means of transport. From this, anyone's head will spin, except perhaps trained professional athletes or astronauts. This is due to the fact that the vestibular apparatus, unlike the eyes, does not have time to monitor the movement of a person in space. Such dizziness is not caused by a violation of health and does not require the intervention of a doctor,
- in most cases, vertigo appears due to the most banal overwork, too strict diet or sleep disturbances. In these cases, it is enough to normalize the sleep mode, diet and find time for a good rest. Moreover, treatment with any drugs is not required,
- the cause of dizziness can be a lack of oxygen caused by stress, unrest. Stresses cause the release of adrenaline into the blood, under the influence of this hormone, the vessels in the human body contract, prepare to protect the body from possible danger, which complicates the access of oxygen to the head, which causes a shortage.
If your case relates to the above, you can not worry. Otherwise, you really should think about why dizziness appears when you get up and when you go to bed.
What causes dizziness in a person who gets up?
Why, when changing the position of the body, can your head spin or hurt? When you get up sharply, your blood pressure changes. A significant decrease in the supply of blood to the brain leads to dizziness, sometimes to headache, loss of consciousness. Exacerbate the condition can external factors or internal pathologies.
p, blockquote 3,0,0,0,0,0 ->
Dizziness when getting up and, accordingly, when you go to bed, is a fairly common, but very unpleasant phenomenon.
The brain receives information about the position of the body in space from the vestibular apparatus, skin receptors, and the organ of vision. When transmitting a nerve impulse, there is some delay in the amount of several milliseconds.
Therefore, with a sharp change in body position, swinging on a swing and other situations, the brain does not have time to respond in time. In addition to natural physiological causes, dizziness can also be caused by the development of pathological processes in the body.
The state of dizziness is divided into two main types:
In this case, this condition is associated with pathological changes in the nervous system. The main syndromes of this type include problems with the sensation of the body in space.
The cause of this type of dizziness is other diseases that are not related to the nervous system.
Most often, the head is spinning with such pathologies as diabetes, hypertension, etc.
The main symptoms include:
- darkening in the eyes
- feeling of nausea
- temporary loss of vision (or, conversely, its exacerbation),
- change in sense of smell and taste,
- possibly vomiting.
In addition to the above symptoms, there are a number of other signs that suggest the presence of a disease:
- Dizziness appears with the same body position (indicates the presence of salt deposits in the ear).
- Dizziness occurs when getting out of bed. Possible nausea and noise in the hands. The heart beats unevenly. These signs indicate a pathology of the vestibular apparatus.
- If you experience dizziness with pain and increased blood pressure, you should pay attention to the blood flow in the inner ear.
- For headaches accompanied by dizziness, vomiting and hearing loss, it is worth suggesting a traumatic lesion of the inner ear.
- With a rise in temperature, inflammatory processes are possible.
- Dizziness in the morning, starting when the patient got up in bed and took an upright position, as well as vomiting, nausea, suspect the development of neuritis.
If you feel dizzy with a sharp change in body position, as well as when getting out of bed, this is a serious reason to consult a doctor (even if there are no other related signs).
A condition where dizziness is often accompanied by a number of other symptoms. This may be a sign of the development of the disease. It is additional symptoms that often become crucial when making a diagnosis. It is important to tell the doctor about everything that bothers you, even if this symptom seems unimportant to you personally.
Depending on the disease that caused it, a person may experience additional symptoms:
- Vertigo is benign. Dizziness in this case worries when a person takes a certain position (lying or standing). Its reason lies in the fact that salts are deposited in the region of the inner ear. If the problem is in the vestibular apparatus, true vertigo is observed. He is accompanied by a strong heartbeat, is noisy in the ears, begins to feel sick, hearing impairment appears.
- In the inner ear, normal blood flow is disturbed. In this case, a headache occurs, pressure increases, memory is impaired.
- Inner ear is injured. Headache, nausea, vomiting, and hearing problems may occur.
- Labyrinthitis This is an inflammatory process that affects the inner ear. This condition is accompanied by severe dizziness, it worries when a person lies on his back or turns to one side. Symptoms torment several days and even weeks. Temperature may rise.
- Neuritis. The head will spin suddenly when a person takes a horizontal position. Vomiting is also present. Symptoms mostly concern in the morning.
- If dizziness appears at those moments when a person lies down, he may be accompanied by temporary complete hearing loss, and begins to darken in his eyes.
With a sharp rise from a prone position, dizziness can be considered the norm, but only if other symptoms do not accompany it. A similar problem can be encountered not only at night, but also during the day. Sometimes a change of position immediately causes discomfort for a few seconds. Then the condition returns to normal.
If, due to dizziness, it is difficult even to stand, you need to urgently consult a doctor. This condition can cause a serious illness, even oncology. In some cases, an MRI is required.
Additional symptoms of dizziness and their causes
The rest, which means dizziness, can be determined by additional symptoms.
We will describe each of the options:
- If, when you go to bed and when you get up, dizziness is added to dizziness, this can mean several problems at once. For example, pregnant women may experience similar discomfort and this is normal. There may also be a problem of the nervous system, serious poisoning. Nausea is a sign of a malfunction of the gastrointestinal tract, combined with dizziness, this means that the problem is at a serious stage.
- If, in addition to dizziness, the head begins to hurt, and most importantly, everything darkens sharply in the eyes and the function of vision decreases, this means that there is not enough nutrition for the optic nerve, the eye block. This can be a serious cause of visual apparatus disorder, which means you need to see a doctor as soon as possible.
- If dizziness manifests itself not only during a change in body position from horizontal to vertical and vice versa, then this is a sign of a violation of blood pressure. A serious illness that can lead to dangerous problems, even death. For example, if the pressure rises too sharply and the vessel does not cope with this, the artery may well burst and lead to internal bleeding, and this is a high risk of dying.
- If, in addition to being dizzy, it seems that in all the sounds are becoming quieter and less distinct, and at the same time it darkens slightly in the eyes, this may be a signal about a violation of the human hearing system. In another way, this condition is called Meniere's syndrome. Here you also need to consult a doctor as quickly as possible in order to normalize the work of the auditory organs and avoid chronic diseases.
- Also, dizziness may indicate a disorder of the internal organs, and more specifically, the thyroid gland. The fact is that the thyroid gland secretes a special hormone - adrenaline, which regulates the circulatory system, with its excess pressure can increase. Because of this, the vessels experience overload, can not cope with the circulation of blood.
Dizziness when turning the head or changing the position of the body with various additional symptoms may be the norm if a person is flying in an airplane, is in a stressful situation, in a state of panic, depression, is in an unusual climate (acclimatization).
In the case of acclimatization, you just need to wait a couple of days until the body rebuilds itself under the existing conditions and everything will work out, but there are drugs and vitamins (C and A) that facilitate this process.
Self-diagnosis will not give accurate results, since it is necessary to pass tests or undergo examinations. Typically, specialists use the following diagnostic methods:
- lung examination
- Ultrasound of organs (depending on symptoms),
- blood and urine tests,
- CT, MRI of the head,
- X-ray of the spine.
As an independent test, which can determine the inability of the body to maintain normal blood pressure when a person is in a standing position, which causes dizziness, you can use this method:
- In a standing position, measure the pulse and blood pressure.
- With a stable result, they go to bed, then they get up and repeat.
- Repeat the test is done no earlier than 5 minutes.
- The procedure must be repeated after about 10 minutes to establish the regenerative ability of the body and the normalization of blood pressure.
If the pulse is increased by up to 11 beats, then this is a normal state, from 12 to 18 - there are slight deviations from the norm, but they do not pose a threat, if more than 19, then this is a dangerous condition that can lead not only to dizziness, but to faint.
In people who have had dizziness since birth, such conditions are not cause for concern, usually they quickly pass.
Causes of dizziness during a change of position
Dizziness in itself is not a disease, but only a symptom, a sign that helps detect an abnormality. Do not confuse dizziness with visual disturbances, during which midges can flicker before the eyes, fog appears.
True vertigo does not cause a disorder of the vestibular apparatus, but its violation. During dizziness, the patient cannot stand firmly on his feet, loses his balance, it seems to him that everything around is moving, spinning, he is confused in space.
Sometimes these unpleasant sensations can be accompanied by the release of a large amount of sweat, nausea, impaired vision or hearing, darkening in the eyes. The appearance of vertigo can provoke a variety of diseases, disorders.And it often manifests itself during a change of position, when a person gets up, lies on his back or on his side.
Most often, it is damage to the inner ear that provokes dizziness. In this case, the functioning of the vestibular apparatus is disrupted, the following sensations appear:
p, blockquote 4,0,0,0,0,0 ->
- The illusion of rapid circular rotation.
- The feeling that the earth is leaving under the feet.
- Impression of instability of objects, unstable position on the floor (as if the floor is walking in a wave).
If the patient tells the therapist "When I get up abruptly, I feel dizzy," then the doctor first of all checks if there are problems with the vestibular apparatus. If necessary - directs to the otolaryngologist.
p, blockquote 5,0,0,0,0 ->
p, blockquote 6.0,0,0,0,0 ->
p, blockquote 7,0,0,0,0 ->
- Meniere's disease.
- The occurrence of sulfur plug in the ear canal.
It is worthwhile to dwell on a disease such as labyrinthitis (inflammation of the inner ear). It is characterized by severe symptoms:
p, blockquote 8,0,0,0,0 ->
p, blockquote 9,0,0,0,0 ->
- Frequent bouts of dizziness.
- Severe vomiting.
- Noises in the ear.
The disease appears one to two weeks after a cold. If the labyrinthitis is not treated, severe complications await the person: severe headache, hearing loss.
p, blockquote 10,0,1,0,0 ->
Many are concerned about the problem of what to do if you feel dizzy, when a person takes a sitting or lying position, or motion sickness appears. Treatment does not boil down to simply taking the pill. You need to adjust your lifestyle, habits, learn to work properly and have enough rest.
Therapy depends on what caused this condition. If it temporarily, quickly passes, rarely repeats, it is worth watching your further condition. This is only if there are no other concomitant symptoms. If other unpleasant sensations appear, you should not waste time, but you need to go to the doctor. It is especially worth taking your condition seriously if you feel dizzy when walking or in a standing position, a shaky gait appears. A person can stagger, coordination of movements is disturbed. During exercise, dizziness may increase. This indicates a violation in the brain, central nervous system. The reasons can be different - from urticaria to oncology.
Depending on what is bothering, you will need to get advice from a therapist, neurologist, ENT, etc. Often the help of an experienced endocrinologist is required.
It is often not difficult to treat a similar problem. The decisive factor is the reason. Many patients are prescribed non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antibiotics, multivitamin agents that will help strengthen immunity.
- Sometimes simple breathing exercises help a lot. It is performed in a sitting position, or you can lie down. You need to take a deep breath and then exhale. This process is repeated for seven minutes. The point is to saturate the blood with additional oxygen.
- You can also do an independent massage of the neck, head, face. At the next attack, try to press your finger on the area in the middle of the forehead. Do not remove it immediately, but hold it at the indicated point for several seconds.
- Try to focus on some object. It must be static, that is, motionless. Hold your gaze for a few seconds.
- It will not be superfluous to regularly drink good green tea. It soothes and gently tones. But do not make the drink excessively strong.
- Therapeutic exercises, reflexology can also help.
How to conduct a test?
You can conduct a special home test that will help detect orthostatic hypotension when you go to bed and when you turn your head.
This will require a little care, a piece of paper, a stopwatch and a pen. Proceed as follows:
- Several times (2-4) while standing, they measure the pulse and calculate a stable average result, record it,
- They do the same actions, only in a supine position, fix the resulting figure,
- Next, a person should rise and count his pulse in a minute, 3 and 5, write down the results.
The task is to understand the difference in pressure, how quickly the normal rhythm is restored when changing position.
The results should be verified by the following rules:
- 11 strokes will be a normal indicator for a healthy body,
- if there will be blows from 12 to 18 - maybe there is a problem, but this does not threaten with serious consequences, it is necessary to take time for prevention,
- if the number of strokes is more than 18 - this indicates serious problems with pressure and redistribution of blood, and hence the need for an urgent visit to the doctor.
It is worth considering that such a home test gives a rather blurry result, which only allows you to decide whether to go to the doctor or not.
In any case, only a qualified doctor can determine the exact diagnosis and treatment.
The most common causes of pathology
- Cervical osteochondrosis. A disease that occurs with a lack of physical activity, in other words, a sedentary lifestyle, as a result of trauma or a congenital predisposition. Typically, vertebrae located in the cervical region of the spine fit snugly together. Due to various reasons, a displacement of the vertebrae can occur, which, in turn, causes compression of the nerves and blood vessels, and there are many such in the cervical spine. When squeezing the vertebral artery, problems with blood supply to the brain appear, which causes dizziness.
- Vegetovascular dystonia. A disease leading to dysregulation of the cardiovascular, respiratory and other body systems. Often is congenital, associated with fetal pathology. It manifests itself in many symptoms, including dizziness.
- Spinal hernia. With this disease, dizziness appears, similar to the sensation caused by alcohol, in other words, intoxication. If this happens often, you should immediately contact a competent doctor. The process of hernia removal is extremely painful, dangerous, it takes a lot of time to recover, and therefore it is better not to delay with going to the hospital, making a diagnosis and treatment.
- Inflammatory processes in the nasopharynx, inner ear, leading to edema. Such inflammation causes swelling of the channels of the labyrinth, fluid, mucus is released, which presses on the cells responsible for the orientation of the body in space. When you tilt your head, rotate or change position, dizziness occurs.
- Hypotension. In other words, low blood pressure, which leads to improper movement of fluid in the inner ear, which causes pain, dizziness and nausea.
- Neuritis of the vestibular nerve. This arises mainly as a result of shingles, various infections. Dizziness in this disease is accompanied by the illusion of rotation in a circle, vomiting, excessive sweating, fever and appears after sleep.
- Various viral diseases. Dizziness is one of the body's reactions to intoxication.
- Hypertension High blood pressure can also cause dizziness, nausea, and darkening of the eyes.
- Head, spine injuries, for example, concussion.
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Diabetes. Low or high blood sugar can provoke not only dizziness, imbalance, but also weakness, nausea.
- Mental disorders. There is such a thing as psychogenic dizziness, which appears with strong emotional stress.
- Side effect of taking various medicines, antibiotics, sleeping pills, tranquilizers, antihistamines.
If the attack of dizziness lasts a long time, it is necessary to immediately call an ambulance and leave the patient alone, lying down, before her arrival. You do not need to do anything yourself anymore.
p, blockquote 11,0,0,0,0 ->
Basilar migraine can provoke dizziness. At the same time, the patient, referring to the doctor, says: “My head hurts, when I get up, there are long bouts of dizziness.” The disease is chronic in nature, manifests itself in periodic attacks. Symptoms are noted:
p, blockquote 12,0,0,0,0 ->
- Loss of orientation in space.
- Severe drowsiness.
- Numbness and tingling in the fingers and toes.
The main symptom is severe dizziness, aggravated by a change in body position, they can last for hours
p, blockquote 13,0,0,0,0 ->
Hypotension is a common cause of dizziness on rising. Most often, this condition develops against a background of impaired heart function, as well as pathological damage to the vessels.
Vertigo (the so-called state when the head is spinning) is due to an insufficient supply of oxygen to the brain cells.
You can recognize the problem by the accompanying symptoms, among which:
- feeling of constant fatigue
- weakness and increased sweating,
- cold arms and legs
- nausea and vomiting.
If dizziness occurs when you lie down or get up (and is also accompanied by the above symptoms), the doctor sends the patient to a cardiologist to assess the performance of the cardiovascular system.
Some more tips
When you have already visited a doctor, you have been diagnosed and prescribed treatment, do not forget that it is important not only to be treated correctly, but also to lead a correct lifestyle. You can not give in to stress, get nervous for any reason, you should abandon bad habits, you can’t eat too greasy food.
If you feel dizzy when you go to bed, remember the following:
- Go to bed on time. Sleep should take at least 7-8 hours.
- Do not read in bed. Do not watch TV, do not do other things if you have already gone to bed, because your eyes are so strained.
- Try not to sharply turn and stand. Unexpected movements can bring the vestibular apparatus out of a stable state.
- Treat colds or infectious diseases in time. If you get sick, do not forget about bed rest.
- Observe a reasonable daily routine. Work in the allotted time for this, try not to do business until late. Remember that it is important to be able not only to work, but also to relax. If the working day is not standardized, this is a direct path to professional "burnout" and lower performance. Rest more.
In order to avoid the consequences of dizziness itself, it is worth paying attention to some precautions.
They minimize the risks when you go to bed and when you turn your head, while a person is being treated, bring your body into proper condition:
- Do not abruptly change your position, get up quickly or simply bend. This should be done slowly and gradually, especially if the symptoms can faint,
- After sleeping or sleeping, you do not need to get up immediately. It’s worth reaching out, breathing deeply, straining a little muscle, rubbing the face slightly, spreading the ridge and only then sit down first and then stand up,
- If you need to repeat a sharp movement many times, you should start to do it slowly and carefully, gradually increasing the pace,
- When you go to bed, you get up you need to look so that there are no sharp corners around. If you faint, this will help to avoid serious injuries.
- You should not constantly sit in the same position, for example, at a computer or a book. You need to get up at least once an hour, warm up and walk around the room for several seconds. You can also sit down several times, do an exercise to disperse blood.
In any case, if a person noticed that dizziness does not go away after normalization of sleep and diet, it is worth going to a therapist, even if it turns out that this is not a serious symptom.
It is better to identify a serious illness at the initial stage than to regret later that you did not pay attention to simple dizziness.
You can protect yourself from the occurrence of dizziness by observing the preventive measures for this condition. Basically this is the following complex:
- stay healthy
- avoid alcohol and nicotine,
- getting out of bed slowly
- to be in bed for a short time, you need to do exercises, stretch your muscles.
Not always, if you feel dizzy - it is dangerous, but it is better to prevent it so as not to feel discomfort and stress due to this condition.
What to do during a dizzy spell
The following tips will help reduce or relieve a dizzy spell:
- massage with light circular movements of the nose (nose bridge - the point between the eyes), face, neck, head,
- try to focus on one fixed subject, this will definitely help if dizziness is weak or caused by psychogenic factors. If the dizziness is strong, it’s better not to resort to it, you can only hurt yourself by hitting something or intensifying the dizziness,
- breathing exercises. It is necessary to inhale as much air as possible by inflating the stomach, and exhale by blowing. Exercise is performed within 4-5 minutes. Helps improve vascular tone,
- Avoid sudden movements, turns of the head and body, bends, so as not to faint. In general, any movement is something that is better to avoid with dizziness,
- get out of bed, having previously rolled over from the back to the side, and then get up. Do not try to rise sharply without urgent need.
Health is the main value of a person, therefore it is better to take care of him, including being attentive to such a symptom as dizziness during a change in body position. Dizziness can be a manifestation of many diseases, and in the event of its frequent occurrence, it is best to consult a doctor to avoid complications.
Bad habits include alcohol addiction, drug addiction, smoking, unhealthy diet, and a sedentary lifestyle. If a person does not move much and eats fatty foods, he develops atherosclerosis. It, in turn, leads to a narrowing of blood vessels. The situation exacerbates smoking, which provokes stenosis of large vessels.
p, blockquote 14,0,0,0,0 ->
Overeating, as well as an attack of hypertension can cause discomfort. Often, overweight people suffer from increased pressure. Dizziness may appear when you get up if a person is addicted to drugs. Violation of the vestibular apparatus, hallucinations can cause even "weak" drugs.
p, blockquote 15,0,0,0,0 ->
Of course, one cannot assume that every person who says, “When I get up, I feel dizzy,” leads an absolutely wrong lifestyle. But reconsidering your habits will not hurt anyone.
p, blockquote 16,0,0,0,0 ->
Osteochondrosis in the neck
Dizziness upon abrupt getting out of bed is one of the first signs of the development of cervical osteochondrosis.
The reasons for the development of osteochondrosis and other pathologies associated with it include:
- muscle weakness
- metabolic problems
- weight gain
- hereditary factor
- passive lifestyle.
In this case, the patient often experiences severe pain in the neck, head and face.
To diagnose this disease, the patient is given a panoramic radiography of the spine, myelography or tomography.
Dizziness prevention is possible, and it is quite effective and simple:
- Eat healthy, good quality foods. Food should be as natural as possible.
- Do not forget to perform feasible physical activity.
- Sleep better on an orthopedic pillow and mattress. They will protect the musculoskeletal system from pathologies.
- Walk outside more often.Such walks perfectly strengthen the immune system, improve well-being, saturate the body with oxygen.
- Do not forget to do breathing exercises while lying or sitting.
- Do not test your body for strength with all kinds of diets. They disrupt the metabolism, reduce immunity.
Do not ignore dizziness when standing up or lying down. It can be a symptom of any pathological process and even the appearance of a malignant neoplasm. You can’t wait for the problem to be resolved on its own. It is possible that this is only a feature of the body or a consequence of the wrong way of life. If the reason lies in some kind of disease, doctors will help cure him.
Remember that feeling good depends on you. Try not to succumb to stress and the temptation to overly surrender to work.
p, blockquote 17,0,0,0,0,0 ->
There are a number of drugs that can cause dizziness with a change in body. Act on the vestibular apparatus:
p, blockquote 18,0,0,0,0 ->
- Sedative medicines.
- Some diuretics.
- Antimalarial medicines.
- Medications to maintain normal blood sugar.
Even aspirin, if taken in large doses, can cause cerebrovascular accident and, as a result, dizziness.
p, blockquote 19,0,0,0,0 ->
When vegetovascular dystonia is also quite often dizzy. This is especially noticeable in the morning when you get out of bed.
VVD is characterized by strong jumps in blood pressure, dizziness, hyperhidrosis, as well as constant fatigue and headache.
With this disease, in addition to severe dizziness, in the morning when getting out of bed you can observe the following symptoms:
- fainting condition
- fear of loss of coordination,
- lack of oxygen
- weakness in the limbs.
All this together causes the patient a strong sense of fear, which further enhances the severity of the attack.
This disease does not go away by itself. Specialist assistance required. The diagnosis is made on the basis of a comprehensive analysis of patient complaints, ECG results and cardiointervalography.
Bruising of the neck, head, face can cause concussion, accompanied by dizziness. If a person says, “When I get up, I feel dizzy,” perhaps his inner ear is injured. Discomfort can occur if a person has a concussion in the labyrinth or a fracture of the temporal bone.
p, blockquote 20,1,0,0,0 ->
There is another serious reason why you feel dizzy when you get up sharply. Answer the question. why it suddenly became difficult for the patient to get out of bed, if he is very dizzy at the same time, maybe a neurologist.
First of all, he suspects a vertebral hernia.
This problem manifests itself at any time of the day and is associated with damage to the spinal column. It rarely occurs on its own. Most often, this is the result of a degenerative process in the vertebrae.
As a result of this disease, the following processes and symptoms are observed:
- vertebral displacement
- edema and inflammatory processes in neighboring tissues,
- pinched nerve
- spasm of surrounding muscles
- violation of blood supply.
Due to any of these pathologies, the patient may feel dizzy, not only when you get up abruptly, but also in any other position.
Most often, vertigo happens due to circulatory disorders, if a pinching of the vessel occurs.
A neuropathologist also diagnoses the disease. He directs the patient to MRI, with the help of which the disease is either confirmed or disproved.
Why is your head spinning when you lie?
More questions arise in those patients who experience dizziness while lying down. Why is a dizzy with a lying person? After all, he took a static position, and, in fact, objects around him should not move. There are several provoking factors that can cause discomfort.
p, blockquote 21,0,0,0,0 ->
Dizziness with a sharp change in body position can cause Meniere's disease. This is an incurable chronic disease associated with pathologies of the inner ear.
Even at the very early stage of the development of pathology, patients experience severe vertigo in a vertical position. As the disease progresses, seizures become stronger and longer.
Dizziness manifests itself not only in an upright position. The duration of vertigo can be from 15 minutes to several days.
The disease is periodic. Silencing for a long time, she can break out with renewed vigor.
For the diagnosis of pathology, a whole range of various measures is used, among which:
- blood tests for biochemistry,
- thyroid hormone test,
- serological research methods,
- MRI (if there were head injuries),
Due to the similarity of symptoms with other diseases, doctors use the differential diagnostic method.
Some people feel dizzy with a sharp rise, if they have not eaten for a long time.
A sharp loss in weight due to a variety of diets or any disease negatively affects the level of glucose in the blood.
The patient complains of weakness and dizziness that occurs when getting out of bed. The diagnosis is made on the basis of a survey of the patient and comparison of data.
p, blockquote 25,0,0,0,0 ->
A significant dose of alcohol can cause a malfunction of the whole body. In this case, a person has nausea, coordination is disturbed, there is an inconsistency of movement, slurred speech.
p, blockquote 26,0,0,0,0 ->
What does a person usually do if he drinks too much and feels unwell? He tries to lie down, and when lying down, dizziness joins all the symptoms listed above. The condition does not improve if you close your eyes. One gets the impression that the bed on which one is lying is spinning, the walls and ceiling are spinning, the people are called “helicopters”. He begins to feel more sick, a headache may occur. It's all about the toxic damage of the cerebellum with alcohol, which sends the body the wrong signals.
p, blockquote 27,0,0,0,0 ->
What to do, how to alleviate the condition? If your friend drank too much and complains “I feel dizzy when I lie down”, invite him to put his hand to a horizontal surface. Ideally - to the floor, but you can press your palm to the bedside table, bed. Literally in 5-10 minutes a person will feel better and he will be able to sleep.
p, blockquote 28,0,0,0,0 ->
Another pathology, the diagnosis of which answers the question of why you feel dizzy when you get up or lie down, is vestibular neuritis.
With this pathology, a person has inflammation of the vestibulocochlear nerve, which is responsible for transmitting a nerve impulse to the brain about the spatial position of the body.
The disease can develop due to infection or other past diseases.
With this pathology, a person may feel dizzy as soon as he stands abruptly.
At the same time, a shaky gait, nausea and sometimes vomiting are observed.
Diagnosis of the disease is carried out using tests - Romberg and caloric.
With osteochondrosis, you can quickly get rid of dizziness by changing the position of the body - turning on your side and reducing the load on the vertebral artery, using a higher or tougher pillow for sleep.
p, blockquote 29,0,0,0,0 ->
If a dizzy spell is taken by surprise, for example, when you got up from a bench in a park and you need to quickly stabilize your condition, you can use several methods:
p, blockquote 30,0,0,1,0 ->
- Slowly and calmly inhale shallow several times, holding the air in the breath for a couple of seconds in the lungs.
- Choose a static subject, focus on it and watch for about 30 seconds.
- Sit on a bench, even lie down on your side, wait five minutes and get up, this time - slowly and carefully.
If you feel dizzy when you get up, you need to avoid sudden movements. With severe discomfort, it is better to ask passers-by for help than to try to get home or a doctor on your own.
p, blockquote 31,0,0,0,0 ->
Another serious pathology in which the head may feel dizzy with any change in body position is a brain tumor.
As it grows, the pressure on neighboring parts of the brain becomes more and more. There is a pressing of the vessels that feed the cells. There is oxygen starvation.
Vertigo with this problem may begin suddenly. In this case, when the head begins to feel dizzy, it is better to lie down to avoid a fall. However, with a brain tumor (even when you go to bed), vertigo does not stop.
The tumor is diagnosed using MRI and radiography. If necessary, conduct additional research.
Dizziness in adolescents
From thirteen to sixteen often begins to feel dizzy in the absence of visible premises. But there are very serious reasons. It’s all about activating the endocrine system. She is responsible for the release of hormones, which, even in small doses, can lead to interruption in the functioning of all other organs. Usually at a tender age, dizzy in the morning, when a teenager tries to get up, especially in girls.
The painful state in children is complicated by the additional loads associated with learning. They strain their brains in the classroom, stay up late, and morning rises await them every day. The body is experiencing quite serious stress.
Only after diagnosis is a treatment prescribed. It may include traditional therapy: taking medications (antibiotics, nootropics, corticosteroids), physiotherapy, massage, physiotherapy exercises. If desired, you can supplement the treatment with folk methods: use special compresses, decoctions that help get rid of dizziness.
p, blockquote 37,0,0,0,0 ->
It is important not only to undergo treatment, but also in the future not to create situations that provoke dizziness:
p, blockquote 38,0,0,0,0 ->
- Get enough sleep in a comfortable bed.
- Treat colds under the supervision of a physician.
- Ventilate the sleeping area.
So that you do not have the feeling “I get up and feel dizzy,” you must adhere to the correct lifestyle: do not smoke, give up alcohol, eat right, and if possible play sports.
If a person is very dizzy when standing up, it is necessary to understand why this happens. It takes time to diagnose the disease, and it is important to provide help immediately and quickly.
There are a number of ways to provide first aid.
First of all, you need to calm down. Panic will only aggravate the severity of the attack. Next, you should take a sitting (or lying) position and fix your attention on any stationary object for a few seconds.
In order to raise the upper body, you can put pillows under the shoulders of a lying person.
Open the windows. So you provide a lot more fresh air. Put a wet, cold bandage on your forehead. You can measure blood pressure.
If dizziness persists, you will have to consult a doctor.
There are drugs that stop unpleasant symptoms, but their use without a doctor’s prescription is prohibited.
It happens that dizziness when lifting from a bed or sofa is accompanied by a number of additional unpleasant symptoms. Let's consider which ones:
- unbearable headache throbbing in the temples
- weakened state, unwillingness to do everyday business,
- nausea, vomiting,
- a feeling of traffic jams or pouring water in your ears, extraneous sounds,
- it becomes difficult to breathe air
- heart rate rises
- the victim is covered in cold sweat.
This is an incomplete list of conditions that occur when you feel dizzy when getting out of bed. An individual can have its own particular reaction.
Negative phenomena can be avoided in many cases. It is enough to observe a number of rules:
- Lie down and stand up carefully, avoiding sudden movements.
- Try to make smooth movements.
- When the head is dizzy, a slight warm-up and rubbing will help before changing the position of the body.
If dizziness did not occur due to a serious pathology, then, subject to simple rules, as well as fulfilling the doctor's prescription, the prognosis is quite favorable.
In this case, the patient quickly returns to normal and returns to the usual lifestyle, as the human brain quickly enough perceives the new position of the body.
With serious pathologies, a thorough examination and treatment is required. Only a doctor can talk about predictions of the development of the disease in such patients.
A condition, if you feel dizzy when you lie down and get up, you need to see a doctor. It is important not to succumb to panic, to take a lying or half-sitting position and wait for the cessation of the attack.
If the duration of dizziness is long and there is tinnitus, examinations cannot be avoided to exclude dangerous pathologies.
For emergency care in case of dizziness, antidepressant medication can also help.
To prevent dizziness, you should abandon bad habits and establish a daily routine.
How can I help during an attack
If there is weakness and soreness, when you get up and lie down, the rules will help:
- Relieve panic and try to calm down.
- It’s better to lie down for at least five minutes to recover.
- If you have nowhere to go to bed, you should at least squat.
- The gaze should be focused solely on one object, not run around with your eyes.
- You should immediately open the windows open, providing access to oxygen.
- You need to get rid of the elements of clothing that interfere with breathing.
- Apply something cool to your forehead.
If all this does not help, and the condition only worsens, you need to urgently call the emergency number "03".
You can not stuff the patient with chemistry, but try proven folk remedies:
- Solution for inhalation. For cooking, you need to mix peach and cedar oil in equal equal amounts. Dissolve the resulting mixture in burdock oil. Store in a well-closed bottle in a dry, dark place. With dizziness when standing up, you just need to smell the resulting mass.
- It is recommended to prepare a decoction of chamomile. To do this, mix five grams of dry grass with the same amount of dried horsetail and lemon balm. Brew like regular tea. Insist ten minutes. Then strain and drink.
- Dizziness exercises when standing up will help. Sit on a chair, straighten your back and head. Then start turning it left and right ten times, then up and down ten times. And so three times.
Dizziness is a serious stress for a person, he feels real fear, does not know what to do. Panic wakes up. Therefore, the main tactic in the event of an unpleasant situation is to calm down. If you put your thoughts in order, dealing with the problem will be easy. You need to deeply breathe, try to relax and pull yourself together. In this case, it will not be difficult to recall the recommendations discussed above.
Is it dangerous
Unaware it may seem that dizziness when you get up is not dangerous. It is necessary to lie down, relax, and painful manifestations will dissolve. Erroneous opinion. Dizziness upon rising almost always occurs in the presence of another ailment. Therefore, without consulting a doctor with this ailment can not do.