Successful dyeing for each woman is possible only with the correct selection of the shade of hair for her color type. In order to do this correctly, it is important to distinguish between the basic natural tones, as well as to understand the theory of color types and the rules for marking professional hair colors. These issues are dedicated to this material.
Natural shades of hair
Currently, there are 6 basic natural shades of hair that differ in the amount of pigment melanin: the more it is, the hair, respectively, is darker. Shades of hair and their names:
- brunet. This type of hair is presented in various shades from brown to saturated black. The hairs of brunettes have the largest amount of melanin pigment, which provides them with the darkest shade on the one hand, and on the other - makes them the most problematic when stained. To lighten such hair and repaint it in red or light brown color, you often need to go through more than one bleaching procedure. Black hair color goes to women of the winter color type,
- brown hair. Speaking about what kind of color is brown-haired, the shade is conditionally divided into three tones: chestnut, light brown, light blond. Each of them has many different subtones, due to which the brown-haired women have the most original shade of hair, which is almost impossible to repeat with dyeing. This shade with an average melanin content is very widely represented in our latitudes,
- ginger. This is a rare hair color, which is more common among residents of Scotland or Ireland. In other countries, pigment, which gives the hair a copper tint, is produced in very small quantities,
- light brown. This color is also represented by a very wide range of shades from dark to ashy, close to blond. Since the amount of melanin pigment in curls is small in people with cold blond hair color, they can successfully experiment with dyeing in different tones, not being afraid to get an unpleasant result from such a procedure. Light brown hair color is very common among Slavs,
- blond. This type implies the lowest content of melanin in the hair. Like other varieties of natural colors, this one is also represented in various shades, including ashen, yellowish, and gray,
- gray-haired. This shade of hair usually appears with age and indicates a decrease in the amount of melanin in the hair and its replacement with air bubbles. The gray color is difficult to stain.
The color of a person’s hair is not static and can itself change throughout life. This is due to the different levels of melanin in the hair, inherent in a particular age. For this reason, the color of a person’s hair often becomes darker when they reach a transitional age. The same reason leads to the appearance of gray hair with a decrease in the amount of pigment in the hair, which may be associated with hormonal changes in the body, as well as other factors.
How to choose a color for coloring depending on the color type
In most cases, stylists, determining for a person the most advantageous tone for coloring, are guided by the rule of selecting tones by color type. These rules are not complicated, and you can also consider them by choosing a dye for yourself:
- if you belong to the cold winter color type, you have very dark hair by nature, but light skin with a cold undertones, you should choose black, dark chestnut, as well as fancy shades of eggplant and others with a cold undertones. It is not recommended that representatives of this type experiment with warm tones and light shades,
- if you have light skin with a cold shade, light eyes and hair, you can attribute yourself to the “summer” type, which comes with the ash shades of blonde, light brown color, as well as cold shades of brown hair or cold light brown hair color. In any case, representatives of this type should not choose paints with a copper tint - these will not suit them,
- girls with a warm skin tone, dark hair of copper tint, as well as dark eyes, who are representatives of the type of "autumn", will face rich red and chocolate tones. You need to exclude a light brown shade and cold black - with them a lady of this type will look painful. Ash hair color on dark hair is also not the best choice. In addition to the unhealthy appearance, this option will externally add you a couple of years,
- young women with light skin, warm tones, blond hair and eyes (such traits indicate belonging to the type of "spring"), it is worth choosing light colors with a copper tint. It is necessary to refuse black color - girls of this type will age him.
You can deviate from these rules by choosing a shade of hair that is not suitable for your tone, compensating for the difference in color types with bright makeup. However, you will need to wear such makeup all the time. Think about whether you are ready to make such sacrifices, or is it better to give preference to a tone more natural for your type.
Color and Hue Encoding System
Currently, manufacturers of hair dyes use a special coding system to correctly identify tones. It provides for marking paint based on two main parameters:
- Pitch Level This indicator has a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 is black and 10 is the lightest shade of the blond. It is important to consider that this scale, although universal, is not used by all manufacturers: some companies expand it, while others narrow it down. Also, some brands use alternative color names, for example “brown” instead of “brown”.
- Color direction. This indicator indicates the shimmer of hair that you want to get as a result, for example, neutral, ashy, golden, copper shimmer. To mark such an indicator, use the letters of the Latin alphabet that match the first letters in the English name of the flowers.
Far from always, paint manufacturers use only two symbols in the marking to determine the depth and direction of color. Sometimes they indicate several repeating numbers to determine the depth of tone, and also give a few letters to indicate the shade, in which case the first beech will indicate the main shade, and the rest will indicate additional tones.
Basic color palettes for hair dyes
The main color palette of many manufacturers of hair dyes includes tones of two categories:
- Natural. This group includes all natural tones of warm, cold and neutral tones. Used to change the natural color of curls, as well as for painting gray hair.
- Reflex shades. This category includes colors in which various shades dominate: purple, red, blue, various shades of copper. Such tones are used for dyeing in natural hair color without gray hair.
Reflective and natural shades can be mixed by stylists to get the original color of the dye. This makes it possible to get natural tones of curls with interesting tints, as well as achieve a more stable and uniform hair color.
These types of dyes are the most popular. However, in addition to them, alternative coloring mixtures are also available on the market:
- Mikston. Mixtures that are added to dyes for color correction.
- Special dyes for gray hair. Such mixtures contain more basic pigment, providing an ideal color for gray hair.
- Special blondes are dyes that make it possible to lighten hair by 4 tones without preliminary bleaching. Available in various shades. They are not used only for painting gray hair or working with hair that has previously been dyed with natural or artificial dyes.
- Fashion tones - dyes of non-standard colors - purple, red, blue. These are often used precisely on clarified curls. Most often, such mixtures are used for complex multi-color hair coloring or for creating unusual youth images. Note that cold shades of hair dye are recommended to be tinted. Otherwise, the color will quickly lose intensity.
These types of dyes are often used as auxiliary agents to obtain a more effective result on the hair. For constant use, including monthly hair dyeing, these are not used.
Basic and additional tones of hair colors form palettes of 100 shades or more, which is very difficult for a person far from hairdressing to understand. That is why it is so important to take the help of a specialist in choosing the right hair color for you. This approach in many cases guarantees an ideal result.
Scythe spikelet: types and features of weaving
In general, the modern palette of various dyes for hair includes over 100 different shades, mixing which you can create a tone that is ideal for each color type. Unfortunately, it is extremely difficult to do this on your own without professional help, which is why it is recommended that many ladies on this issue go directly to stylists and colorists. They will help you determine the ideal tone for you, deal with the marking of the paint and provide simple and high-quality coloring in the desired shade.
Kapous (Kapous) a palette of hair colors and shades with names
Hair dye - light brown, ashen and brown color
Beautiful hair color for blue eyes - shades for blue-eyed
Leading professional hair dye brands