Cinnamon is widely used in the culinary field, but the range of its application is not limited to this. This aromatic spice can be effectively used in hair care, enrich ready-made cosmetics and prepare hair masks with it. A unique storehouse of antioxidants, vitamins and other useful components contained in cinnamon powder and essential oil will help improve the condition of the scalp, restore the damaged hair structure, strengthen them, give them a natural glow and accelerate growth processes.
The use of hair masks with cinnamon.
Homemade hair masks with the inclusion of cinnamon powder or essential oil have the most positive effect on the scalp and the general condition of the hair. These procedures deeply nourish and moisturize, prevent hair loss, prevent the ends from being cut, soothe the scalp and eliminate dandruff, and due to their ability to accelerate blood circulation, cinnamon in the composition of masks activates hair follicles and accelerates hair growth, gives them natural radiance and shine, increases elasticity gives volume. High antioxidant properties of this fragrant spice protects hair from the negative effects of external conditions (stress, ultraviolet, low temperatures, etc.). And the pleasant aroma of cinnamon will leave extremely positive emotions from the procedure.
Cinnamon masks are especially useful and are indicated for weak, dull, thin and brittle hair. It is important to do them once every four days for a month and a half. The regularity of the procedure affects the final result.
Hair mask with cinnamon, rules for use.
Before making a mask with cinnamon, it is necessary to carry out an allergotest, for which it is enough to apply a small amount of the finished composition to the wrist or elbow. If you experience discomfort in the form of a strong and unbearable burning sensation, wash off the mask and do not use it anymore.
Cinnamon is effectively combined with honey, natural and essential oils. It is recommended to apply any composition for hair (mask) in a warm form, which will enhance the effect of the procedure.
Do not allow the composition to come into contact with the mucous membranes of the eyes and face, if this happens, immediately rinse with plenty of warm water.
Cinnamon has a brightening effect, which will be useful for light strands. Dark-haired beauties are advised to monitor the exposure time of the mask with cinnamon and not overexposure more than the recipe requires. Otherwise, you can get an unpleasant effect in the form of lightening your shade.
Scalp massage with cinnamon.
Massage of the scalp with the use of cinnamon essential oil will have a tonic and warming effect, improve the scalp, improve the hair structure and accelerate its growth, strengthen hair follicles. For the procedure, you need to take olive or burdock oil, heat it in a water bath and enrich with cinnamon essential oil (2 drops of the base 5 drops of ether). Using a mixture, massage the scalp with the help of finger pads or a special massage brush, in circular movements, combing the hair alternately with a wooden comb in the direction of their growth and against it.
Hair masks with cinnamon, recipes.
A revitalizing nourishing mask with cinnamon for any type of hair.
Moisturizes, nourishes, smoothes hair, makes it shiny and obedient.
Liquid honey - 3 tbsp. l
Cinnamon powder - 3 tbsp. l
Coconut oil - 1 tsp.
Macadamia oil - 1 tsp.
Cinnamon essential oil - 5 drops.
Melt coconut oil in a water bath, add honey. Introduce cinnamon powder, macadamia oil and an essential component into a warm, homogeneous mixture. Apply to clean, dry hair. Cover with a film or put on a shower cap, warm yourself with a thick towel and stand for forty minutes. Rinse off the mask with shampoo.
Hair mask with cinnamon to accelerate growth.
Awakens dormant hair follicles, stimulating their growth.
Olive oil - 5 tbsp. l
Liquid honey - 1/3 of a glass.
Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp.
Hot pepper - 1/3 tsp.
Clove powder - 1 tsp.
Heat the oil and honey in a water bath, add the remaining components and stir until the latter are completely dissolved. Rub the mixture into the roots of clean and dry hair. For nutrition and shine for the entire length of the hair, you can apply warmed olive oil in combination with a ready-made balm. Wrap the top of the head with a film and wrap a towel. After forty minutes, wash off the mask with shampoo.
Nourishing hair growth mask with cinnamon for normal to oily hair.
Cleanses, refreshes, nourishes, stimulates growth.
Cinnamon powder - 2 tsp.
Aloe juice - 1 tsp.
Olive or burdock oil - 1 tsp.
Honey - 1 tsp.
Heat the oils in a water bath with honey, add the remaining components to the warm mixture and stir. Apply the composition to wet hair and rub into the root. Keep the mask under a film and a thick towel for two hours, rinse off in the usual way.
Mask with cinnamon for growth for all hair types.
Strengthens, accelerates growth, gives shine.
Red onion - 1 pc.
Garlic - 4 cloves.
Cinnamon powder - 2 tsp.
Liquid honey - 1 tsp.
Grind garlic and onions with a blender. Add honey and cinnamon to the mixture. Stir everything. The composition can be stored in a sealed jar. The mixture is enough for about 4 procedures. Rub the mixture into the roots half an hour before washing. Keep under a thick towel. After the specified time, rinse your head with shampoo, rinse with a decoction of nettle (take 4 tbsp. Of herb per liter of boiling water, simmer for 15 minutes over low heat, cool and strain).
Mask with cinnamon to lighten hair (for blondes).
With each subsequent procedure, the mask makes the hair 1-2 tones lighter.
Normal hair conditioner (balm) - 100 ml.
Liquid honey - 1.5-2 tbsp. l
Cinnamon Powder - 15 g.
Combine the ingredients in a glass dish until completely dissolved. Distribute the resulting composition over the entire length of clean and dry hair without rubbing it into the roots. As usual, the mask must be insulated with a towel on top. After half an hour, remove the towel and hold the composition for about four hours (the longer, the more effective). At the end of the procedure, rinse your head with a mild shampoo.
Mask with cinnamon for volume, for all hair types.
It makes hair thick and lush, gives shine.
Egg yolk - 1 pc.
Kefir at room temperature - 1 cup.
Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp.
Mix cinnamon with egg yolk and kefir. Rub the resulting composition into the scalp and distribute over the entire length. The hair should be dry and clean. Hold the mask for forty minutes under a film and a towel, then rinse with a mild shampoo and rinse with cool water.
Cinnamon mask against hair loss for all hair types.
Strengthens, nourishes, restores, gives shine.
Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp.
Olive (burdock) oil - 2 tbsp. l
Honey - 2 tbsp. l
Heat honey and oil in a water bath, add cinnamon and stir until it is completely dissolved. Apply the composition to clean, damp hair, wrap with a film and a towel, leave for forty-five minutes. Wash off the mask with warm water and shampoo, and then rinse with cool water with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
Cinnamon mask for hair loss for brittle, dull and split ends.
Strengthens, restores, stops the section, gives volume.
Olive oil - 1 tbsp. l
Liquid honey - 1 tbsp. l
Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp.
Fresh tomato - 1 pc.
Fresh chicken egg - 1 pc.
Rub the tomato on a grater, removing the skin, add honey, beaten egg, cinnamon and warm oil to the mass. Distribute the resulting mixture through the hair and leave to act for twenty minutes under a thick towel or warm scarf. Rinse off the mask with shampoo. Dry your hair in a natural way.
Mask with cinnamon for oily hair.
Nourishes, restores, strengthens, cleanses, reduces oily hair.
Egg white - 1 pc.
Cinnamon powder - 1 tbsp. l
Olive or burdock oil - 1 tbsp. l
Liquid honey - 1 tbsp. l
Boiled water - 1 tbsp. l
Stir the cinnamon powder with water until smooth, then add whipped protein, honey and oil. Distribute the homogeneous mixture along the entire length of the hair, keep it under the film and with a warm cap for half an hour or an hour. Rinse off the mask with shampoo, then rinse with cool water and lemon juice.
Shampoo with cinnamon for strengthening and shine of hair.
Strengthens, heals, gives shine and elasticity.
Shampoo - 1-2 tbsp. l (taking into account the length).
Cinnamon essential oil - 4 drops.
Combine the components and wash the hair with the resulting mixture. The procedure is done once a week.
Contraindications to the use of hair masks with cinnamon.
- Individual intolerance to mask components.
- Allergic reactions.
The benefits of cinnamon for hair
In cosmetology, cinnamon serves as a component of therapeutic masks and other compounds for healing the skin and hair. The properties of spices for the second purpose are less known, but the benefits of cinnamon for hair are undeniable. It includes the following effects:
- Intensive hair follicle nutrition,
- “Sealing” keratin scales and smoothing the rough structure of the hair,
- Giving locks of radiance, the return of natural turgor,
- Restoring and moisturizing dry and lifeless hair,
- Stimulation of blood flow to the scalp.
Spice also has a warming and local irritating effect, which improves blood circulation and increases the metabolic rate in the scalp. Due to this, the regeneration of damaged hair is much faster.
Hair mask with cinnamon and honey
A hair mask with honey and cinnamon is very useful, as the hair begins to grow better, as a result of the fact that cinnamon affects the bulbs and makes them come alive, and honey enriches with nutrients. This recipe for using cinnamon and honey in a mask is quite simple.
To begin with, you need to acquire all the necessary components, namely:
1) 5 tablespoons of olive oil
2) Cinnamon in loose condition - 1 teaspoon
3) Honey - liquid or melted in a water bath - a third of a glass
4) Hot pepper - a third of a teaspoon
5) Clove powder - a teaspoon
Next, it is necessary to proceed to the direct preparation of the mixture itself. It is necessary to warm the honey in a water bath to a warm state, in the process of heating add olive oil to it, then all the bulk solids. Mix everything to get a homogeneous mass. The hair should be clean and combed, as well as dry. The mixture should be rubbed into the scalp, so that the effect is the best, this should be done with massaging movements. If you want to not only stimulate the activity of hair follicles, but also give a decent appearance to the entire length, then you can add a few drops of olive oil to your favorite balm and distribute it over all hair. On top of the mixture you need to lay cellophane and wrap everything on top with a towel so that there is a warming effect. After 40 minutes, the mask will need to be washed off in the usual way. This hair mask with pepper and cinnamon is very effective in combating hair loss.
The main advantages of this spice:
- Using cinnamon to lighten curls is very effective.. Women who used this spice for these purposes could notice that their color became 2 or 3 tones lighter. Those who find it difficult to immediately notice the difference are advised to take a photo before and after the clarification procedure.
- Such a spice - great helper in the fight against hair loss. To get rid of such a problem, it is necessary to massage the scalp with cinnamon mixture.
- She stimulates the growth of curlsstrengthening hair follicles.
- This spice can be used. to give curls smoothness and shiny color.
- Cinnamon - Effective cure for dandruff.
- It can be used as oily scalp treatment.
- There are practically no restrictions on the use of this spice for home scalp care.
However, this miracle remedy has its own drawback. Cinnamon is an allergentherefore, its use for cosmetic purposes can have negative consequences for allergy sufferers.
To prevent this, before using a mask from this spice, you should do a simple test: you need to wash your elbow with soap and then put cinnamon on it. If within a few minutes symptoms such as itching, redness of the skin or any rashes on it are not observed, then this tool can be safely used.
Exotic spice can dramatically improve the condition and appearance of the hair, but only with the correct use of masks based on it. Features of using cinnamon for treatment and cosmetic hair care include several points, namely:
- If the hair structure is particularly damaged, the use of cinnamon masks can aggravate the situation. To begin with, the ingredient should be introduced into the composition of the masks in micro doses, and when the condition of the hair improves, use more impressive portions,
- Both cinnamon sticks and powder are suitable for making masks. However, in the first case, you will have to grind the dried bark of cinnamon tree yourself. If you buy spice in bags, pay attention that there are no additional inclusions and components in its composition,
- Masks do on based on cinnamon powder or cinnamon essential oil. The first option is considered more effective,
- The best “extraneous” ingredients mixed into masks based on oil or cinnamon powder are honey, egg yolk, kefir, vegetable oils, banana or other fruits or vegetables (apple, pear, pumpkin pulp, etc.),
- A mask with cinnamon is usually prepared immediately before use and is not stored in the refrigerator. The product must be fresh,
- Do not mix the spice mask in a metal dish: this may lead to an undesirable chemical reaction,
- Some people have individual intolerance to cinnamon. In order not to provoke an allergic reaction, apply a small amount of water-soaked spices on the skin at the bend of the elbow, rinse off after 15 minutes and observe the treated area for 6 to 8 hours. If redness and itching are not observed, feel free to use the spice to prepare the mask,
- Cinnamon mixtures have a rather aggressive composition, so they applied to unwashed hair. Before the procedure, you should only slightly moisten them. To prevent the ends of the hair from being very dry, apply any vegetable oil on them before the mask. The mixture itself is distributed over the scalp and curls with a brush,
- The average aging time of the mask with cinnamon is 25-30 minutes. If this causes a strong intolerable burning or itching sensation or other uncomfortable symptom, immediately rinse the composition from the hair. For therapeutic effect 8 to 10 sessions are enough,
- When washing your hair after a mask, it is useful to rinse your hair with herbal infusions. The best options are a decoction of nettle, burdock roots, chamomile infusion, linden decoction, etc.
Cinnamon masks are used not only to restore and strengthen hair, but also to get rid of the unwanted shade obtained by coloring and lightening curls.
Hair mask with honey and cinnamon to lighten hair
In order to lighten hair, you can use a mask using honey and cinnamon. There is a clarification of curls by 1-2 tones after regular use of the procedure.
- honey - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- cinnamon - 3 tbsp. spoons.
- balm hair conditioner - ½ cup,
- olive oil - 1h. Spoon (if dry hair)
- Combine the first 2 ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add balm and mix.
- Comb your hair and apply our mixture in strands.
- Spread the mask along the length of the hair without rubbing it into the roots.
- Put on a hat and a towel on top.
- After ½ hours, remove the towel.
- Wash off the mask after 4 hours with shampoo.
Lightening hair with cinnamon is an effective procedure that many people use to refresh the color of their curls.
For more details on this procedure, see the video:
Cinnamon Hair Mask Recipes
By combining various ingredients, you can achieve a positive effect on the hair. Combinations with oils can easily be used to massage the head, spice powder is perfect for use in masks. All recipes contain available ingredients. Which can be freely purchased in ordinary stores.
Composition and properties of cinnamon
Cinnamon is used in cooking, pharmacology and cosmetology.
Widespread use due to the unique composition, which includes:
Among the vitamins that strengthen the root system of the hair and structure, the cinnamon product contains:
- vitamin C,
- almost all trace elements of group B.
The regular use of food with the addition of spices or the use of powder as the active component of cosmetic masks has the following effects on the body:
- enhances vital functions
- kills microbes
- accumulates fat burning and metabolic processes,
- lowers blood cholesterol,
- strengthens the heart muscle, etc.
For hair restoration
Damaged, straw-like hair is not so easy to repair. Especially if they suffered from exposure to chemicals (when staining, curling) or thermal styling (hair dryer, ironing, curling iron).
Cinnamon masks to restore hair should be done at least once a week. You can repeat the procedure every time you wash your head, and after receiving the first results, over time, it is worth reducing the frequency of use to 1 time per week.
Effect after a regenerating mask of cinnamon
Cinnamon Honey Mask
Hair mask with cinnamon and honey allows moisturize a dry head, and also make curls less brittle.
- Cinnamon powder (just a couple of spoons).
- Olive oil (2 tablespoons).
- Honey (preferably liquid - 1 spoon).
- Ground cloves (1 spoon).
- Cinnamon powder and cloves must be mixed in a separate container.
- Now you need to cook the honey mixture. To do this, the oil is combined with liquid honey. The mixture should be infused in a water bath.
- Spices should be combined with a honey-oil solution. Let the mass infuse for about 15 minutes.
- After it is infused, it can be applied to curls. It is important that they are wet. For convenience, a scallop should be used to apply the mask.
Benefits of Cinnamon Hair Masks
Possessing healing qualities, cinnamon powder has a beneficial effect on the hairline. Due to the action of the active components that make up cinnamon, blood circulation is enhanced. Due to this, follicles receive a greater amount of oxygen and nutrients. Stimulation of metabolic processes takes place, cell regeneration accelerates.
Against the background of the created conditions, the following occurs:
- root system strengthening
- opening flakes for nutrition (vitamins and minerals),
- moisturizing hair
- fragility prevention
- decrease in the intensity of hair loss.
In addition, the spice is able to lighten the strands, make them silky and shiny.
Use the product for procedures should be strictly observing the recipe and frequency. Before the first use, you need to do an allergy test. Unfortunately, cinnamon can cause a reaction to the active ingredient.
Cinnamon Hair Mask Recipes
There are a huge number of folk and cosmetic recipes for improving hair quality, in which cinnamon powder or cinnamon essential oil is a key component of the composition. Their goal is to achieve various effects, namely:
- Lighten and tone the hair,
- Strengthening hair follicles, reducing the amount of hair falling out,
- Decreased sebum production
- Giving curls shine and natural elasticity,
- Growth stimulation
- Moisturizing and nutrition.
Before applying a mask with cinnamon, read the instructions, allowing to make the procedure as effective as possible:
- Moisten your hair slightly to reveal keratin flakes: this will penetrate the hair structure faster,
- The mask is applied to the comb-separated strands. Use a brush or cotton swab to do this,
- After applying the composition, comb the strands so that the mass lies evenly,
- You can collect hair in a bun, it is convenient and will allow you to wrap it with a film. Then put a hat on your head or wrap it with a towel,
- Wash off the mask after 30 to 40 minutes. Do not keep the mixture longer than indicated in the recipe, otherwise it may cause an allergic reaction to develop on the scalp,
- When washing off the composition, use decoctions of herbs and be sure to apply a nourishing balm after washing.
We offer some of the most effective recipes for hair masks with cinnamon, designed for different therapeutic purposes.
The components of such a mask are as follows:
1) Cinnamon powder - two teaspoons
2) Onion is preferably red, as it has a more positive effect - medium-sized onion
3) Honey in liquid or melted state - one teaspoon
4) Four cloves of garlic
Reviews about this hair mask with cinnamon are only positive, because the curls after it will sparkle in a new way and come to life, while after a short period of time, the result of growth will be noticeable.
The preparation is as follows:
The onion and garlic cloves need to be turned into gruel. Heat honey in a water bath and add cinnamon to it, mix everything. Add the chopped onion and garlic to the resulting mass. This cinnamon mask is convenient in that it can be used several times. So you need to shift it into a glass container with a lid.
Using it is as simple as cooking. Half an hour before the proposed shampooing procedure, a mask should be applied to the roots. Wrap everything with a towel. Then rinse off in the usual way, you can also use rinsing the strands with a decoction of herbs that will soothe the scalp and have a positive effect.
Very often, women use hair masks with cinnamon for the growth of their hair - this is just a wonderful alternative to all existing ready-made drugs that are sold in the pharmacy. Since the result from it is simply amazing, at a completely small cost. Photos before and after use can be seen below.
Expected effect: restoration of hair structure, good nutrition, intensive hydration.
You will need: warm olive oil - 1 tablespoon, cinnamon powder - 2 tablespoons, 1 egg, aloe leaves crushed to gruel - 2 tablespoons
How to cook and use: tablespoons of powder and olive oil mix well, beat the egg and add aloe. Stir, add the rest of the powder and mix again. The mask is applied to dry or dried hair from the ends to the roots. Next, wrap it with a warm towel, hold for 20 minutes, rinse.
To grow and strengthen curls
To ensure normal hair growth and strengthen them, it is worth paying attention to the nutrition of hair follicles. There are special masks that need to be rubbed into the scalp so that all nutrients get to the roots of the hair as much as possible.
Cinnamon perfectly copes with lightening strands by one tone. The natural way gives a beautiful sunny shade. To prepare the mixture you need only 60-70 gr. liquid honey and 30 gr. cinnamon powder. So that the components are better absorbed, you need to dilute them in 100 g. hair balm. The procedure includes applying and waiting 40-60 minutes, after which the residues can be removed with a strand of warm water. The safety of the method makes it possible to apply the method an unlimited number of times. A light blond can acquire a caramel shade, this must be taken into account. In addition, the skin can react to honey, so you should first do an allergy test.
To accelerate hair growth
To stimulate growth, a simple mask is suitable, including:
- cinnamon (15 gr.),
- liquid honey (tablespoon)
- peach oil (2 tablespoons),
- hot pepper in tincture (tablespoon).
The prepared mixture is applied to the hairline at the roots and rubbed into the roots for 5 minutes. After that, it stays under the towel for another 50 minutes. To achieve the result, it is worthwhile to carry out regular procedures throughout the month with a frequency of 2 times a week.
Cinnamon clay mask
This is a great mix. for hair growth, as well as for their recovery.
- Healing clay (3 tablespoons).
- Hot pepper (pinch).
- Ground cinnamon (2 tablespoons).
- Castor oil (burdock oil can be used as an alternative).
- Essential oil (any suitable, for example, lavender).
- Egg yolk.
- Clay needs to be made thick. To do this, it pours into a container where water is poured. It is important that the water is warm. Stir clay with a spoon. If the resulting mass is not thick enough, you need to add a little more water to it.
- Now cinnamon powder is poured into this container. The mixture is stirred.
- After that, the remaining ingredients are poured into the container, including the yolk.
- The mask can be applied to curls. It must be washed off after half an hour, not earlier, otherwise there will be no effect.
Mask for lightening hair
To achieve a lighter shade of hair, which is 1 to 2 tones different from your natural color, you can not only in an expensive salon. It is not necessary to expose the hair to the effects of artificial chemicals, you can also use natural remedies.
To brighten curls at home, a mask with cinnamon and honey is widely used. It’s easy to cook. Take natural honey and mix it with cinnamon powder in a one to one ratio.
The amount of products used is determined individually depending on the length of your hair, but the finished mask should not be too liquid, otherwise it will flow down. To start heat honey in a water bath and then pour spice into it. Mix the ingredients until a homogeneous mixture is formed, cool it a little and apply on the hair along the entire length. The mask must be kept warm to speed up the chemical reaction. After about 40 to 50 minutes, wash your hair without shampoo.
- cinnamon powder (10 gr.),
- castor and burdock oil (20 ml each),
- cognac (10-15 ml),
- decoction of oak bark (30 ml).
The combined components are applied to the hairline and remain under the towel for 40-50 minutes.
The course is 1.5 months with a regularity of procedures 2 times a week.
And here is another example of a mask, for those who dream of long curls.
1) A teaspoon of cloves that has been chopped in advance
2) Two teaspoons of cinnamon powder
3) Olive oil - four tablespoons
4) Honey in a liquid state - four tablespoons
The honey should be heated in a water bath with oil, then add bulk solids there and mix everything thoroughly. After that, transfer the resulting mask to the dishes and send it to the water bath for several minutes. Next, cool a little and apply on the hair. Keep for about an hour, then rinse off in the usual way. Dry strands will immediately become healthier and more elastic.
To strengthen and nourish the roots
Often, the hair becomes depleted and groomed due to the fact that the roots do not get enough nutrition.
Strengthen hair follicles and bulbs with a special stimulating mask based on cinnamon powder and black pepper. This is a warming composition, the application of which helps to increase blood circulation in the scalp.
Two tablespoons of cinnamon are mixed with a teaspoon of pepper powder and diluted with warm water to a mushy consistency.
The mask is applied only to the roots: to reduce burning sensation, you can add a spoonful of olive oil to the composition. Keep the product on your hair for no longer than 15 minutes, otherwise you risk getting a scalp burn. Rinse off the mask with cool water and apply conditioner to the strands. Repeat the procedure once every two weeks.
Lightening hair with cinnamon
Cinnamon mix is an excellent brightening mask. Perhaps this is the best folk remedy that is used for this purpose.
A mask with cinnamon to lighten hair is suitable for those who want to change the tone of their curls, making them brighter. For example, many women want to "get out" of black, repaint themselves in a lighter shade. But to do this is not so simple, for a start, the curls need to be lightened.
- cinnamon powder (15 gr.),
- kefir (150-200 ml),
- 1 egg yolk.
The mixed components are applied to the strands and are evenly distributed over the entire length. After 45 minutes, the mask is washed off with warm water (not hot, otherwise the yolk will set). The full course is 12-15 procedures with regularity every 3-4 days.
From falling out
Mix the following ingredients in the indicated proportions:
- Burdock oil - 3 tablespoons,
- Raw yolk
- Honey (2 tbsp.),
- Cinnamon - one teaspoon.
Honey mixed with other products should be liquid and slightly warmed up in a water bath. When applying the mask to the hair, massage the scalp with your fingers for 3 to 5 minutes. Then put a shower cap on your head and wind a warm, thick towel over it. After 30 minutes, wash your hair with foamed shampoo and grease the ends with nutritious oil. The procedure is carried out for 1 - 1.5 months every 7 to 9 days.
For brittle, dull and split ends
- cinnamon (10 gr.),
- cream 20% (tablespoon),
- essential oil of orange (5 drops),
- burdock oil (5 ml),
- liquid honey (teaspoon).
Mix the components one by one and apply on the hairline. Keep on head tied with a plastic scarf and towel for 40 minutes.
The course is 12-14 procedures with a frequency of every 3-4 days.
- cinnamon (10 gr.),
- chamomile broth (200 ml),
- castor oil (10 ml),
- essential oil of orange (6 drops).
The combined ingredients are applied to the hairline and remain for action for 30-40 minutes. The expected effect will appear after 2-3 sessions, but you should do masks every 3 days for a month to achieve a sustainable result. For the purpose of prevention, you can carry out the procedure 2 times a month.
General rules of use
There are no difficulties in using cinnamon for the preparation and application of masks, but there are nuances that are recommended to be considered:
- Before the procedure, you need to test the skin sensitivity of the cinnamon component,
- mask mixture should be applied to washed but dry hair,
- to create ideal conditions for the action of the active component of the mask should cover the head with a plastic scarf and a bath towel,
- you need to distribute the mixture in a circular massage movements, from roots to ends,
- the duration of the mask is on average 30-40 minutes, but in the absence of discomfort, you can give an exposure of 1 hour,
- ordinary shampoo and warm water are suitable for washing off,
- It is better to dry the strands after the procedure in a natural way to prevent exposure to high temperatures (hairdryer).
The full course of restoration masks is 1.5 months with a regularity of use 2 times a week.
When choosing ingredients for combination with cinnamon, they should be used in accordance with the type of hair and in order to solve the problem. For prevention, there are universal recipes.
For a month and a half of regular use, a significant improvement in the state of hair can be noted. Thanks to the action of beta-carotene, the roots are strengthened, as a result of which hair loss is reduced. Riboflavin acts on blood circulation, which stimulates cell regeneration. Other vitamins act on the structure, moisturizing it, nourishing with useful substances and repairing damaged areas.
The course of masks creates for strands reliable protection against ultraviolet radiation. Cinnamon treatments give a natural sheen and silkiness.
Faced the problem of hair loss. In addition to the vitamin complex, a trichologist advised a mask of cinnamon. Not too believing in success, I nevertheless began to adhere to the requirements. And a month later I didn’t even go for a follow-up appointment with a doctor, the result was very noticeable. I never had such beautiful curls. Silky hair is now obediently stacked in the hairstyle, leaving no hair on the comb.
My hair weakened after a trip to the sea. Several treatments with balm did not bring the expected result. In the magazine I found a recipe for a cinnamon-based recovery mask. After 4 procedures, I noticed a significant reduction in split ends. After the full course, my locks shone and smelled sweet. I recommend cinnamon masks, they really work!
I tried several recipes with cinnamon, but the most effective, in my opinion, was a mask of cinnamon, essential oil of orange, aloe juice and honey. An excellent result in 10 procedures: the ends of the tips disappeared, shine appeared, the strands became elastic and docile. And most importantly, it is available to everyone!
Cinnamon Lemon Mask
This is one of the most effective mix recipes. for clarification of curls.
- Ground cinnamon (2 tablespoons).
- Hair conditioner (2 tablespoons).
- Lemon juice (1 spoon).
- Essential oil (best to use lavender oil).
- Deep capacity is taken. Cinnamon powder is poured into it.
- Lemon juice and essential oil should be mixed in a separate container, then add to the spices.
- Now all the ingredients are added conditioner.
- To make the mixture more liquid, you need to add a little water to it.
- Everything is stirred. The mask can be used.
Recommendation: Such a mixture should be applied evenly to the surface of the scalp. It is also worth using a hairdressing brush for coloring.
- 2 days before the clarification procedure, you should not wash your hair.
- Before applying the mask directly, you need to comb several times.
- The curls are twisted into a reel and stabbed at the crown.
- The head is insulated.
- You need to wait 30 minutes, then you can wash your hair. It is recommended to wash your hair several times to remove the rest of the mixture. You should also use balm or hair conditioner.
Results for light and dark hair
Many women are interested in the question: “How much do you need to lighten curls with cinnamon to achieve the desired effect?” Answer for everyone will be different, since the more often this procedure is performed, the brighter the hair will become.
Brunettes will need more of these procedures than blondes, for the obvious reason - lightening dark hair is harder than light. It is worth noting that girls whose natural color is white can be unpleasantly surprised after the procedure, since it is highly likely that their hair will acquire a reddish tint.
See more in this video:
As for the brunette girls, the "redness" they certainly do not threaten. They can use cinnamon to lighten their hair until the tone completely suits them.
Mask with cinnamon to lighten hair
A mask with cinnamon is often used to lighten hair, especially in combination with honey.
The recipe for the next home mask is perfect for ladies who have light brown or light colored strands, as each procedure will make them even brighter.
The composition of the ingredients is surprisingly simple, and most importantly, it contains only natural ingredients, namely:
1) Cinnamon in powder form
2) Honey in a liquid state
To such a simple composition, of course, is the easiest preparation. It is necessary to mix cinnamon and a little warm honey with your favorite hair balm. This should be done in a glass container, since it will not enter into any reaction with the composition of the mask. Rinse your head and dry the curls. The mixture is distributed evenly over the entire length. Then, it is better to collect hair and fix everything with a towel. After that, you can get rid of the towel, but you need to walk around with the mask for a few more hours. After that, you can wash your hair in the usual way.
This is just an amazing cinnamon brightening hair mask that will not make you wait long for the effect of its first use.
For oily and normal hair
Hair hanging with “icicles” is a sign of sloppiness and is perceived in society as a bad form. But what if the head becomes dirty one day after washing, and no measures help get rid of this unpleasant phenomenon? To reduce the production of sebum - sebum, a product of the endocrine glands - which is “to blame” for the fact that the hair quickly becomes oily, special masks are used.
There are many similar recipes, but we offer mask based on cinnamon and lemon. To prepare it, mix 10 g of cinnamon powder with lemon juice. Apply the resulting mixture to the scalp and distribute to the middle of the hair. Handling the tips is optional. After 20 to 25 minutes, rinse your hair with cool water. A refreshing mask is used 1 to 2 times a week before shampooing.
Cinnamon mask against hair loss
Hair loss is a very unpleasant situation that indicates problems in the body. In addition to this, she also causes a lot of inconvenience, since hair is scattered throughout the apartment, lying on clothes, which does not paint the young lady at all. Of course, a certain amount of hair should fall out daily, so the update happens. But if this grows into an already large scale, then you need to do something, at least independently at home. Although it is better, in a serious case, before using home methods to combat loss, consult a doctor.
The composition of the mask is as follows:
1) Cinnamon powder - one teaspoon
2) Olive oil, but if there is no such oil or you want to find a cheaper substitute for it, then you can use burdock, which is no worse, you need two tablespoons
3) Honey - two tablespoons
Everything is made according to the following scheme.
It is necessary to make honey warm and liquid with the help of a water bath, it is not necessary to melt it in a microwave oven, since all useful properties will go away under the influence of microwaves. Oil also needs to be heated, you can do this together with honey. Add cinnamon itself to this liquid mass and dissolve it there. Wash hair, but do not dry completely. Then cover them with the resulting mask with cinnamon, wrap on top with polyethylene and use a towel to warm and better effect. Keep it a little less than an hour, then rinse off in the usual way.
To give curls splendor and volumetric structure, prepare a mask using the following components:
- Olive oil (a quarter cup),
- Lime or buckwheat honey (2 tbsp. L.),
- Peeled fresh cucumber,
- Cinnamon - 1 dessert spoon,
- Raw egg yolk.
Grate the cucumber on a fine grater and mix with the rest of the ingredients, adding cinnamon last. Rub the mass into the root zone of the hair and hold it for half an hour. Then wash off the mask with warm water, adding a little shampoo. After that do not blow dry your hair, but pat it dry with a towel and wait until it dries naturally. You will notice how voluminous they have become after the first procedure.
Hair mask with cinnamon oil
Cinnamon oil makes the hair beautiful and attractive, giving it a healthy shine and strength.
To carry out the procedure at home, you need only directly cinnamon oil in the amount of 4 drops. You can buy essential oil of this product at a pharmacy at affordable prices.
Oil must be mixed with shampoo, which is used regularly, about 4 drops of oil in two tablespoons of shampoo. Naturally, if the hair length is large and 2 tablespoons is not enough, then you need to increase the volume of shampoo, but also, therefore, increase the number of drops of oil. But you should adhere to the same proportions.
With this shampoo you need to rinse thoroughly the strands, and then rinse off. This procedure can be carried out every week. And the result will really surprise.
But before using cinnamon for cosmetic purposes, you need to make sure that this spice does not lead to any deplorable consequences in the form of an allergy, for example. Also, all substances that are found in masks with cinnamon should be individually suitable for everyone. Do not think that all components are natural, which means that they will not do any harm - this is not so, since all organisms are individual and everyone reacts differently to different substances.
If you are convinced that everything is in order, then you can safely use a hair mask with cinnamon, prepared at home.
For dry and brittle hair
The dried bark of Chinese cinnamon gives a good effect for moisturizing and nourishing dry hair, if combined with milk. Preparing such a nourishing mask is easy. Take a tablespoon of cinnamon powder and pour it with warm, fat milk in such a proportion that the mixed powder turns into a liquid slurry. The consistency should be such that when applied to the hair, the mass does not drain.
Massaging movements rub the product into the scalp and distribute along the length of the strands. Put a plastic hat on your hair and wind a warm scarf or towel on top. After 30 minutes, rinse off the cinnamon mask and be sure to moisturize the tips with a nourishing balm. Repeat the procedure every 5 to 7 days for a month.
Are there any contraindications to the use of cinnamon in cosmetology?
Cinnamon is a natural product, therefore there are few contraindications to its use for cosmetic purposes. But still, its use can cause a number of side effects. In the chemical composition of the substance there is a coumarin ester of hydroxyacids, which, when applied externally in large quantities, can provoke the appearance of a headache.
The strong spicy aroma of the spice sometimes causes increased activation of the olfactory zone, the development of spasms of the vessels of the brain and, as a result, headaches. Do not make masks based on cinnamon in the presence of hypertension of the second and third degree.
Cinnamon has an anticoagulant effect, so its do not recommend applying to the scalp in the presence of open injuries, cuts and scratchesotherwise there is a risk of bleeding. If a person is diagnosed with hemophilia (chronic bleeding due to reduced blood coagulation), the use of cinnamon is a potential threat.
Since when applied, the substance may give a burning sensation. not used for dermatological diseases of the scalp, including psoriasis, neurodermatitis, eczema, etc. Also, the use of cinnamon is impossible with the use of a number of pharmaceuticals (you should consult with the doctor who prescribed the treatment).
Cinnamon hair lightening procedure + before and after photos
The natural components that make up brightening masks have a versatile effect on the hair and muffle its pigment. To brighten hair with cinnamon successfully, many rules must be observed:
- Lemon juice concentration. The greater the amount of this ingredient among all others, the more intense will be the clarification in a short time.
- Mask exposure time on hair. Starting at 30 minutes, the hair begins to lose its pigment and gradually lightens.
- Natural shade of hair. The darker your hair, the harder it will be to lighten. Using one of the provided recipes, you can repeat the procedure until the desired result is achieved. But more than two tones of lightening curls will not work.
This lightening has its advantages: instead of the pungent smell of ammonia, the hair will have a delicate cinnamon aroma, and the mask itself will not cause any harm to the hair structure.
Cinnamon Hair Coloring
In addition to partial discoloration of the hair, you can dye it. The tone is unlikely to get darker, but curls can definitely get a new shade. There is a special recipe for this:
- decoction of onion peel - 0.5 tbsp.,
- cinnamon powder - 3 tablespoons,
- egg yolk - 2pcs,
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon,
- liquid honey - 2 tablespoons
After mixing all the components, apply the product on dry, dirty hair, imitating the usual painting. Wrap in polyethylene and wait at least an hour. This procedure will give your hair a golden hue. Suitable for fair-haired ladies, blondes with a dull, grayish tint.